Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 06:42 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The actual James Carville quote, I've since learned, was:

"From Paoli to Penn Hills it's all Alabama in between."
Carville's actual quote was:

Quote:
Between Paoli and Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is Alabama without the blacks. They didn't film The Deer Hunter there for nothing – the state has the second-highest concentration of NRA members, behind Texas
Carville made this statement in 1986 while working on a gubernatorial race. Carville’s exact wording is unclear, and over the years his comment has been distorted to reference Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, rather than Paoli and Penn Hills. Even he doesn’t remember how or where he said it.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:43 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,436,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
No, the polls didn't show Biden losing. That's patently false.

Also, there was never a violent mob of Democrats that tried to subvert democracy and literally infiltrate the US Capitol in an act of domestic terrorism when Al Gore lost, now was there?

The Republican Party should be absolutely ashamed of itself for defending and justifying the actions of right-wing extremists based on bold-faced lies from a narcissistic sore loser.

Biden didn't win because of "fraud;" he won because Trump is an abysmal excuse of a human being that never belonged anywhere near the White House in the first place.
I never said the polls showed Biden losing. I said the polls showed Trump losing in 2016 but he won anyway, and that's why Trump supporters dismissed the 2020 polls.

There was a mob of Left Wing elites who tried to subvert Democracy in the years following the 2016 election. It's called Russiagate and it involved officials at the highest levels of government including the then-current head of the FBI and many other FBI officials. They spied on the Trump campaign during 2016 and then tried to ruin his administration after he took office. You saw a bloodless palace coup every night on TV yet you are in denial.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether Trump or Biden is a worse president because we disagree 100% and there's no point.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:02 AM

14,175 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I never said the polls showed Biden losing. I said the polls showed Trump losing in 2016 but he won anyway, and that's why Trump supporters dismissed the 2020 polls.

There was a mob of Left Wing elites who tried to subvert Democracy in the years following the 2016 election. It's called Russiagate and it involved officials at the highest levels of government including the then-current head of the FBI and many other FBI officials. They spied on the Trump campaign during 2016 and then tried to ruin his administration after he took office. You saw a bloodless palace coup every night on TV yet you are in denial.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether Trump or Biden is a worse president because we disagree 100% and there's no point.
AG William Barr spun the conclusions of the Mueller report, which didn't find "no collusion" but rather insufficient or inconclusive evidence to warrant further prosecutorial action. And I'm sorry, but when you had Trump openly inviting Russia to dig up dirt on Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail in 2016, then I think he bought this investigation down on his own head.

And we now know what Barr thought of Trump's claims of massive fraud in the 2020 election. And 1/6 wasn't a "bloodless coup" but rather an actual coup attempt.

To refer to the people who pursued the Russia investigation as a "mob" is to distort the meaning of "mob" — unless what you're implying that these folks were a mafia at work.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:17 AM

7,270 posts, read 10,596,784 times
Quote:
I
Unlike violent right-wing mobs subverting democracy based on lies, "Russiagate," as you so refer in your Fox News vernacular, was based on actual FACTS:

Quote:
You don’t have to take my word for it. Or even the word of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, whose 2019 report documented copious links between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin while finding insufficient evidence to charge a criminal conspiracy.

The report notes that campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who was working for Trump for free, was in debt to a previous employer, Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, on whose behalf he had done “influence work for the Russian government.” While managing the campaign, Manafort remained in close touch with his business associate Konstantin Kilimnik, a “Russian intelligence officer” who may have been “connected to the GRU [Russian military intelligence] hack and leak operation targeting the 2016 U.S. election.” Manafort shared with Kilimnik internal campaign polling data that could have been useful to the Russians in their disinformation campaign.

The report also sheds further light on the connections between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks, which was used by Russian intelligence to release stolen Democratic emails. The report concludes: “The Trump Campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails…; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks.”

The key campaign middleman was Roger Stone, who refused to cooperate with investigators and was later pardoned, along with Manafort, by Trump. The report cites extensive evidence that, despite Trump’s denials, Stone kept Trump informed of his contacts with WikiLeaks.

Trump and his crew cannot claim they did not know where this stolen information was coming from. The report notes that “Trump and the Campaign continued to promote and disseminate the hacked WikiLeaks documents” even after the intelligence community publicly attributed the documents to a Russian operation. Rather than working with the FBI to protect U.S. security, the committee writes, “The Trump Campaign publicly undermined the attribution of the hack-and-leak campaign to Russia, and was indifferent to whether it and WikiLeaks were furthering a Russian election interference effort.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...n-with-russia/

Old 06-23-2022, 09:06 AM

732 posts, read 600,480 times
Quote:
there was a mob of left wing elites who tried to subvert democracy in the years following the 2016 election. It's called russiagate and it involved officials at the highest levels of government including the then-current head of the fbi and many other fbi officials. They spied on the trump campaign during 2016 and then tried to ruin his administration after he took office. You saw a bloodless palace coup every night on tv yet you are in denial.
lol.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:01 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Sorry, but Pennsyltucky refers to the the redneck Trump supporters in the area between Philly and Pittsburgh. It has also been referred to as Alabama. The quote was something like:
Pompous, whiny, elitist, Liberal statement.

Old 06-25-2022, 03:40 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Regardless of the ethics re: deploying the term "Pennsyltucky," villageidiot1 was just correcting you about its proper meaning. It's not used to describe the liberals in the state, lol. And the small percentage of liberals in this region would not be the cause of, as you put it, "ruin[ing] things."

PS- Why didn't Republicans fix things when they had a trifecta from 1995-2002? That's a long time for single-party control; they could have gotten a lot of things done. The last time Democrats had that level of control of PA government was in the early 90s. I frequented the Northern Tier of PA back in late 90s / early 2000s, and can assure you it was no capitalist dreamland.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Republicans also had a trifecta from 2011-2014. Still no results.

Last edited by Muinteoir; 06-25-2022 at 04:02 AM..

Old 06-25-2022, 08:22 AM

The fascist traitor Mastrolini said yesterday that decrying the overturn of Roe v. Wade--a ruling that had been supported by 80% of America--is "leftist extremism."

This man belongs in Shiite Iran. Every sane person should do everything in their power to volunteer to keep him out of the Governor's mansion. He will be nothing short of a disaster for the Commonwealth.

Last edited by Duderino; 06-25-2022 at 08:44 AM..

Old 06-25-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
As opposed to moronic, reactionary conservative sh*t-headery?

Because that's sure in abundance these days.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:13 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
I live right smack in the middle of Pennsyltucky. I live in a county that is one of the lowest in the state in the percentage of population vaccinated, and one of the highest for percentage that voted for Trump. You have no idea unless you've lived among the redneck hillbillies discussing their favorite pastime of coon hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania