U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Location: Rural PA, where we are apparently bitter and cling to spirits and artillery. Well, we ARE gun owners
20 posts, read 49,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You're in Philadelphia and you are scared of a redneck festival in a small town? Hysterical, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM

463 posts, read 879,984 times
There's nothing wrong with a "redneck" festival. Its just a different lifestyle that some people choose to live, and as long as it doesn't threaten others they have just as much right to live that way as you and I.

Unread 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM

5,299 posts, read 1,544,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDutchBabe View Post
Oooooooh...VERY scary!!!

My husband, my best friend and the kids attended this festival in Weissport and it was a damn good time- lots of good clean fun. Two bands playing good tunes, face painting, tractor race, games, vendors...Oh yes, it was TERRIFYING! You would probably be shocked to know there was a section where you could buy beer and drink it too, and there were no drunken brawls-much to your disappointment, I'm sure.

There was no quota for nonwhite folks...boo hoo...that must really make the many people on here with whiteaphobia cry...you all whine about others not "trying something new" while you yourselves make a judgement about an event you never even bothered to attend. Sorry there were no sexual assaults like at New York's Puerto Rican parade or shootings like at the latest African American Fest. We missed out on that brand of multiculturalism, very closed minded of us.

I met a lot of fine down to earth folks there, and the proceeds went to build a new playground for the children!

Gosh darn, I'm still traumatized by all the White faces, it was so overwhelming!
Ahh...locals attempting humor,gotta love it

Unread 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM

13,303 posts, read 12,422,284 times
Definition of redneck

Looks like many of you are right in your discription of the word Redneck...........

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:29 PM

7,940 posts, read 8,658,476 times
http://www.vintagevantage.com/uploads/rednecks.jpg (broken link)

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:32 PM

7,940 posts, read 8,658,476 times

Unread 10-04-2008, 08:32 PM

So are we supposed to guess if those pics are PA or somewhere else?...

Unread 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM

Location: Southern California native, now a few miles from Lake Michigan
801 posts, read 2,268,539 times
Were there any shootings, stabbings, or rapes at this festival?
Didn't think so.
On the other hand, where I live, there is always violence of some sort at any of the "minority" festivals; African World Fest, Juneteenth Celebration, Hispanic Fest, etc.
No such problems at German Fest, Polish Fest, Festa Italiana, or any of the white events.
Weird, isn't it? So you brainwashed liberals, please elaborate on just what it is that "scares" you about a bunch of whites gathering to have some fun at "Redneck Fest."

Unread 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM

I agree about the ethnic gatherings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania