U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM

28 posts, read 67,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion11 View Post
I agree with you that State College is a great place to live in, however it is more expensive and some people like the feeling of a smaller town. State College's schools are great, no doubt about it. Their test scores are wounderful. Yet, Bellefonte's are really not to far behind and are in fact very good for a small town. Schools in Bellefonte are also only closed on the FIRST day of deer hunting season, not the first few as you said. I think it's a nice thing that they give the kids a day off to enjoy their hobby. They do the same thing in many central PA schools. I would also have to say that with all the times I've visited Bellefonte, and with all the people I know there, I have never found racism, sexism, or xenophobia to be a problem at all. Bellefonte offers small town living with friendly people, good schools, and a lovely downtown. All this with only a 15 minute drive to State College and a top university. What more could you want?
Is the downtown (movie theater, La Tratoria/other restaurants, shops) enjoyable in the evenings? Do some places close earlier than others? And the important question - where are some recommended ice cream locations (besides the Dairy Queen)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM

188 posts, read 418,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmo2283 View Post
Is the downtown (movie theater, La Tratoria/other restaurants, shops) enjoyable in the evenings? Do some places close earlier than others? And the important question - where are some recommended ice cream locations (besides the Dairy Queen)
I would say that the shops close pretty early in since they are family owned and run. At talleyrand they have "Music in the Park" where a bunch of area groups come to play every Sunday evening in the Summer. It's a lot of fun! There's always a lot of people there with their lawn chairs and families come to it as well. As for ice cream, the last time I went to the Cafe on the Park across from Talleyrand, they had creamery ice cream(from PSU's famous university creamery) YUM!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 PM

28 posts, read 67,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion11 View Post
I would say that the shops close pretty early in since they are family owned and run. At talleyrand they have "Music in the Park" where a bunch of area groups come to play every Sunday evening in the Summer. It's a lot of fun! There's always a lot of people there with their lawn chairs and families come to it as well. As for ice cream, the last time I went to the Cafe on the Park across from Talleyrand, they had creamery ice cream(from PSU's famous university creamery) YUM!
We did have ice cream at the Cafe on the Park - what an amazing little place! Thanks for the info re: downtown hours, too.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 AM

8,034 posts, read 4,384,606 times
I lived in Bellefonte, back in the 1990s, on the wrong side of the tracks. Really. Every morning, the (expletive deleted) diesel would blow its teeth rattling horn. If you wish to sleep late, get ear plugs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania