Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:01 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,984,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
LOL, now show the rest of Philly, not just one ritzy area.
man, real troll fest here.

Those pictures were all from different neighborhoods. In fact, the "ritzy" areas of Philadelphia are twice the size of the whole of Pittsburgh. (no dis' to PGH, i love that place!)

I have an in-law who lives in the suburbs, 15 miles from here. Never comes to the city, says the same dumb things.

That's OK, we should form our own city-state and maybe we can take Delaware and South Jersey with us . . . but really, poor Pittburgh, without the Philly metro the rest of the state would drag that place down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 PM

53 posts, read 197,839 times
Philadelphia is dirty full of crime and bad people (not all, but most) I used to live in NE Philly and it too is now getting bad

Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM

347 posts, read 1,149,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Thank you. People from Pittsburgh are always whining about Philly. Its really tiresome. Philly is much larger than Pittsburgh and as nice of a city as Pittsburgh is, Philadelphia carries most of the state.
Thanks for the support. It bothers me immensely when mid-size cities cry for the recognition big cities have. They don't just deserve it and if they really want it they must earn it.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontpa View Post
Thanks for the support. It bothers me immensely when mid-size cities cry for the recognition big cities have. They don't just deserve it and if they really want it they must earn it.
Agreed. Another thing is just because Philly clearly ain't the city it used to be doesn't mean it still doesn't have clout. Philly is highly underrated IMO.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 PM

35 posts, read 120,401 times
I just get tired of a Philly-bred Guv siphoning money to his 'home' city for mass transet, and welfare. Septa? UP THE FARE! Don't charge me, a commuting midstater for bus and train travel in and around Philly (and Pittsburgh). For crying out loud, the capital is Harrisburg, but if not for mayor Reed, it would be totally deplorable! Forget Philly, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and the multitude of smaller cities and towns are more representative of what PA. truly is as a state...A state full of hard working, family oriented immigrants...Isn't that after all what America IS??? A place where the American dream is STILL viable.....

Old 08-28-2008, 07:48 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,984,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorunbartertown View Post
I just get tired of a Philly-bred Guv siphoning money to his 'home' city for mass transet, and welfare. Septa? UP THE FARE!
The Philly metro makes up about 30% of the population of PA and 42% of the state's economic output.

Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester Counties are the wealthiest counties in the state. The rest of the state doesn't have any money to give.. We're tired of paying for "economic development" in Appalachia when everyone is leaving anyway. We're just taking back what's ours.

The Lehigh Valley and Southeastern PA are the only parts of the state that are growing by any measure.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solibs View Post
The Lehigh Valley and Southeastern PA are the only parts of the state that are growing by any measure.
Forgotten NEPA, have we? The Poconos continue to explode, and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre has shown growth for the past several years as well.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
Philly is much larger than Pittsburgh and as nice of a city as Pittsburgh is ...
Much larger? Yes. Nicer? No.

(I've lived in both cities.)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Much larger? Yes. Nicer? No.

(I've lived in both cities.)
I dont understand what you are saying. I admitted that Pitssburgh was nicer...

Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
I dont understand what you are saying. I admitted that Pitssburgh was nicer...
Sorry about that; I mis-read your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania