U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:01 AM

4,249 posts, read 297,835 times

Advertisements

We are also looking at buying a vacation home in PA. We have camped seasonally for a few years and now would love something that we can use year round. We did look at Saw Creek a few years ago but didnt buy there ; I thought it was tooooo big.

So now someone suggested WLE or The Hideout. I have driven around the Lake before and loved the area.

Any Pros ad Cons??

Thanks
Dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM

90 posts, read 220,726 times
Default This might help...

Dorothy,

It all depends on what you are looking for. WLE happend to be a perfect match for us. This is what we did...

Research what amenities each community has to offer, then decide what you want/need.
Make a list, for example:
Do you want/need...
–24 hr. security
–gated community
–access to a lake
–skiing
–restaurant on premises
–exercise room
–sewer connection
–etc...
–etc...

Then, find a match that has most of what you want/need... this worked for us!
Good luck!

–Trip

Last edited by trip; 03-13-2007 at 12:51 PM..

Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,371,207 times
Dorothy, I have lived in The Hideout for 13 years. It has lots to offer. I have posted a few detailed posts on The Hideout, if you do a search I'm sure you will find them. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 AM

426 posts, read 870,712 times
ILOVEPA,
You're always so helpful...you should be the goodwill ambassador for the Hideout. They are lucky to have you as a resident!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,371,207 times
Thank You! I know there was an awful lot that I didn't know when I moved here, and I have learned a lot over the last 13 years, and saw many changes! My parents retired here first and we followed them. We knew that we wanted to live here the first time we came to visit them, but it took us about a yr and a 1/2 to pull it all together. I really didn't know much about the area or The Hideout, but it has been the best thing we could have ever done for our family. It truly has changed our life in a positive way.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM

426 posts, read 870,712 times
We're hoping for the same positive experience...if only I could convince my kids to come along (22 & 25). I truly feel that this site has helped me a great deal. What a great resource to those of us who still live out of state. THere is nothing like first hand info!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
Default Big Bass Lake empty for 3 years!!!

Due to a dam rupture, the lake at Big Bass Lake has been empty for 3 years. The managers keep blaming PA DEP but they have done nothing to fix the problem in 3 years!!!

Beware, the current management is weak and arrogant!!! A bad mix .....

Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,569 times
Default big bass lake

my wife and I are considering bass lake for a vacation home spot. I am confused. One post said the water had been gone for three years due to dam repairs while another said they went swimming in the lake and loved it. Could you clarify this history and whether the lake will keep its water or not?

Also, I have ear damage...hyper sensitive to sounds. I am wondering how many beaches there are and how many people go to the beach weekends and weekdays. This is actually key to our decision making. Please advise.

Frank

Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 AM

9,256 posts, read 7,951,388 times
Big Bass Lake Community Association

Big Bass Lakes Community Association's home page for reference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania