U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 AM

3,898 posts, read 8,045,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
The wawa in Brookhaven a boyscout who was selling popcorn out front got mugged earlier in the winter. As busy as a wawa is they managed to rip off the poor kid. I have read the police blotter its not that safe anymore.
Hilarious, allegedly a boyscout got mugged so Brookhaven isn't safe any longer. Allegedly!

link please?

Brookhaven murder rate. 0.0%
Brookhaven rape rate 0.0%
Brookhaven violent crime rate 0.0%

Household income is a respectable $50,000 per year. The neighborhoods are spotless, schools are very adequate, retail options sadly are limited to main stream fast food america.

You may here of an occassional indivdual getting arrested for shoplifting but given Brookhavens relatively close poximity to Chester it is an anomaly how safe that town is. The Brookhaven police deapartment and borough council have done an incredible job over the years in kepping Brookhaven an amazingly stable close knit community.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 AM

460 posts, read 1,609,990 times
No link to give you I read it in the paper. Also saw it on action news channel 6. I don't live in Brookhaven, but did look for houses there in 2002. Personally I did not like it. I though the boy scout incident was not funny or hilarious. I thought it was horrible for the poor kid.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 AM

3,898 posts, read 8,045,666 times
No the boy scout isn't hilarious, the fact that you posted an alleged boy scout mugging without any facts, and are trying to make Brookhaven out to be these crime infested town. Thats the hilarous part. Its hilarious in the fact that you are 100% dead wrong. Brookhaven is one of the safest towns in Delaware County. Its a gross miscarriage of justice for you to portray a very stable community in a much different light.

As far as you not liking Brookhaven? Well Brookhaven is probably better off without you. Arent you the one who wants Oxfords low cost of living but Main line amenities? I have this strange suspicion you aren't going to be happy no matter where you end up. Hopefully its out of Pa.. Hopefully its soon.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:35 PM

460 posts, read 1,609,990 times
Rainrock your awfully personal in your attacks and I will remind you that personal attacks are against the terms. State your opinion and let other's state theirs. I have every right to state my opinon without your harassment. You do not need to critque what I say. If find you doing it again I will report it.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times
Thumbs up Brookhaven/Media PA area

I came to Brookhaven/Media to meet a friend almost 2 years ago and fell in love with this area. I was able to walk in the streets in the evening and I felt safe. I met some wonderful people as I passed by and in the stores I shopped, restaurants I ate at. I was amazed at what this area had to offer compared to where I live - Nothern California. I have never forgotten this city and I have been working my tail off to save every penny I can possibly make trying to get out of California and move to this wonderful area and become a resident. Brookhaven or Media, PA will be my next home and I hope to be there next year. Once I arrive I will be the happiest person you will ever see.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:54 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,579,140 times
To whom anyone this may concern......
Ive lived in most of the places RainRock speaks
of and find his observations to be right on. A lot
of people in these forums come to ***** because
thier neighbors dog barked all night which really isnt
going to provide a useful, unbiased piece of information
for somebody asking a question. To the O.P.
Quarryville is a very rural town, typical of that area.
Farmers, transient workers, close to Amish, etc....
Nothing that stands out but nothing that makes it
bad. My Wife used to teach in Quarryville and the schools
were good and safe. You are within driving distance of
anything you want and some nice state parks and
water areas. You will find very affordable housing.
If you realize you are going into a more provincial, closeknit
situation from the start, you probably wont have any problems
at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania