Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,955 times

Advertisements

Working on a writing project and was wondering if anybody knows of some local haunted areas in Snyder, Montour, Northumberland, and Union Counties? Looking for known hot spots such as cemeteries, houses, commercial places, parks, wooded areas, and similar areas. I sadly know of more haunted areas up around Bloomsburg and down in State College but not many local. Stories are also welcome. Feel free to post in this thread or PM me. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 05:48 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
You weren't part of the group walking around Mercer, PA last week checking out the local haunted areas, were you?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
Here's a link to haunted places in Pennsy. Hope it helps.

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Pennsylvania

Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
You weren't part of the group walking around Mercer, PA last week checking out the local haunted areas, were you?
Nope not me Too far out west for me! I did hit a cemetary in Columbia county last night though. Got some incredible orb pictures. I should try to get them uploaded and share. Always have wanted to visit Mercer though to see the birthplace of one of my favorite musicians Trent Reznor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Here's a link to haunted places in Pennsy. Hope it helps.

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Pennsylvania
Thanks Sirron. I've seen that website before and it's really nice. Doesn't have too many things near me though I've been trying to find local folks who know of haunted spots but having difficulties. Plus some people look a little odd at me when asking about these type of things

There are a couple places in Milton I'd like to check out from the website though. I wish they would have more local cemetary or less public places in our area. Nice that they have the Iola Hotel from Millville there. I was allowed to go upstairs there and do some poking around. We had our stationed video camera move on it's own which was pretty awesome. Sadly I've lost touch with the girl who worked there and she has the video

EDIT: Here's a picture from last night:

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 08-25-2008 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: added photo

Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,372 times
Snyder County Paranormal Database Pennsylvania Researchers Organization

Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Thanks susquehannock! I've never seen that site come up on a google search. I know there's a ghost hunting group based out of Danville but they had no interest in corresponding about sites and the subject unless you signed up for two pricey "classes".

Thanks again for that link and webpage!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:14 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Thanks susquehannock! I've never seen that site come up on a google search. I know there's a ghost hunting group based out of Danville but they had no interest in corresponding about sites and the subject unless you signed up for two pricey "classes".

Thanks again for that link and webpage!
There's also one based in Freeburg that is very active but I can't find the info. I've read several articles in the Item about them. There was a huge list they had which included areas at SU. I think one place was the Weber Chapel Auditorium.

A few years ago, my wife and I went with some friends to see the Amity Hall Hotel. Usually, that stuff doesn't bother me but that place gave me the willies. It's mentioned on the link below.

http://www.strangehappenings.org/Pen...-Hauntings.htm

Last edited by susquehannock; 08-25-2008 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM

I did a search on the daily item website but couldn't find the freeburg group. I wonder if I could contact the Daily Item offices to find out more info on the group or do the offices cringe on calls such as those?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Nope not me Too far out west for me! I did hit a cemetary in Columbia county last night though. Got some incredible orb pictures. I should try to get them uploaded and share. Always have wanted to visit Mercer though to see the birthplace of one of my favorite musicians Trent Reznor.
I've met him got his autograph too. His grandfather is a really cool guy, lives next door to my old job in Mercer. Mr. Reznor comes home to Mercer 2 or 3 times a year to visit.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,551 times
I am part of a paranormal group out of Mifflinburg PA. We have done a couple investigations in the area. If you want more info you can email me. I do know that the Milton hotel is haunted however we have tried getting permission to go in but have not been granted permission yet. Also the millheim hotel. Katies Church, however there is no trespassing and I had the cops show up when I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania