U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Wawa or Sheetz?
Wawa 67 52.76%
Sheetz 60 47.24%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:55 PM

2,197 posts, read 3,761,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
This poll is probably going to break down roughly on western PA/eastern PA lines. Philly/Lehigh Valley will vote Wawa. Anyone from west of Harrisburg is going to vote Sheetz. If you're from NEPA or Lancaster, you might prefer Turkey Hill.

Personally, I'm going to go with Wawa for the same reasons the OP did. Of course I grew up outside of Philly so I'm obviously biased, but there's something about Wawa sandwiches that beats anything on Sheetz's admittedly more diverse menu. I think it's the bread.

I would still love to have either one of them where I now live though (Alexandria, VA). All we have is crappy 7-11's. What's interesting is if you go about 15 miles south or 30 miles west, there are actually Sheetzes and Wawas with a mile or two of each other competing. Now that's a win-win for the customer.
I know of a Sheetz in Winchest, VA, I think that's only about an hour or so drive from Alexandria. Make a day trip out there for some fresh produce, shopping, great food, make a day of it, then stop at Sheetz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 04:04 PM

1,623 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Wawa has the best, freshest food and coffee and the cleanest facilities and a good selection of groceries as well, including produce. I just wish the drive-through concept had taken off.

Sheetz looks more like a truck stop and their food doesn't even look appetizing - the rolls are part of it but I just think you have to be along the I-95 corridor to make decent food at convenience stores.

Turkey Hills are like a slightly upscale 7-11 but always dirty looking.

7-11s are FILTHY, expired products, really unappetizing "fresh" food. Just goes to show that the only good things coming out of Texas these days are beef, Frito Lay and Dr. Pepper!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 PM

1,207 posts, read 754,837 times
I think this question is moot for most people. Where I live the closest Sheetz is in Morgantown. There are no Sheetz in Montgomery County that I have seen, not at least where I live and drive. They are very similar but I give the edge to WaWa for their coffee and deli.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 AM

398 posts, read 505,455 times
To be honest, it depends on where I am. If I'm at home in York, I actually prefer Rutters to Sheetz, but if I'm out in West Chester, it's Wawa. Sorry, couldn't vote since it really depends on where I am.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 AM

2,938 posts, read 778,338 times
Wawa beats Sheetz, hands down. I like Sheetz coffee, but I've never had Wawa coffee, so I can't compare. Wawa's food is better by a mile.

We have Sheetz all over the place in NE PA now, I just wish we had a Wawa. There used to be one in Wilkes-Barre, I'm not sure why it closed.....

Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrmobl View Post

Turkey Hills are like a slightly upscale 7-11 but always dirty looking.

But nothing beats Turkey Hill Iced Tea.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,496,276 times
Tough to chose only one but Wawa does it for me. They have great soup.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM

10,573 posts, read 7,243,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
But nothing beats Turkey Hill Iced Tea.
>>> I can name two ice teas that beat it, Clover Farms Icy Tea, the ice tea by which others are compared to, and Rosenbergers out of Montgomery county which is a close second. Turkey Hill is a respectable third.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:20 AM

I've had Clover Farms Iced Tea....not even close to Turkey Hill, since I don't remember it being anything but run-of-the-mill iced tea, not bad, but nothing special. Never had Rosenbergers. But I guess its all a matter of personal taste.

Wawa iced tea is pretty good too.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM

10,031 posts, read 15,393,114 times
Gee, maybe we need an ice tea poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania