U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 1,586,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
sorry STUCKPA, but if you don't want people's love for Pa hung over your head or thrown in your face when you insult Pennsylvanians...you are OBVIOUSLY hanging out in the wrong forum!!!!

Why settle for living in a shack in the mountains...any particular reason?
I'm not here to particularly insult Pennsylvanians,just trying to convey my experiences.

As far as the mountains,after living in Philly I'm overdue for some peace & quiet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 PM

641 posts, read 1,546,146 times
Quote:
and this is what you posted just 2 weeks ago...

"I saved lots of money last year for the move I made, to finish college and moving expenses. Shortly after I moved here, my car kicked the bucket. I still can't find a job, I'm broke and now I'm forced to go on welfare so I don't lose my apt. I've applied for almost every McJob within a 5 mile walking radius of my residence. Either no call backs or "not hiring at this time". How do you go from almost $20K to the good to being $6K in debt in 3 months?

Not liking this economy too much."

So....what is it....your not doing too bad, or you are on welfare? All your posts are loaded with negativity and it is always someone elses fault.
Thanks for airing my dirty laundry that was posted in a completely different forum. Alot has changed in the last two weeks, I guess you can't comprehend chronology too well. Next time, before you quote someone, read the rest of their post, not just the first sentence. And put down the blunt. That last post made as much sense as Bush's public speeches.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM

2,835 posts, read 6,995,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Thanks for airing my dirty laundry that was posted in a completely different forum. Alot has changed in the last two weeks, I guess you can't comprehend chronology too well. Next time, before you quote someone, read the rest of their post, not just the first sentence. And put down the blunt. That last post made as much sense as Bush's public speeches.
Your welcome.

glad things changed for you in a mere 2 weeks. Just goes to show...things can change for the better, WHEREVER you live.
Put down the blunt????
before I quote...read the rest of the post??? I quoted your ENTIRE post.
Made sense to me.....
Oh...and I'm SOOOO done fighting with you (AGAIN)
As us old Pennsylvanians say "You are still wet behind the ears."

Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM

641 posts, read 1,546,146 times
Default wtf...

Quote:
Your welcome.

glad things changed for you in a mere 2 weeks. Just goes to show...things can change for the better, WHEREVER you live.
Put down the blunt????
before I quote...read the rest of the post??? I quoted your ENTIRE post.
Made sense to me.....
Oh...and I'm SOOOO done fighting with you (AGAIN)
As us old Pennsylvanians say "You are still wet behind the ears."
Just because you quote someone, doesn't mean you read everything that you quoted. Which obviously you hadn't...

Calm down. What's up with all those question marks? You only need one, lol. As I would say, you are vacant between the ears. How did we come to arguing again? Oh wait, you stuck your nose in my business...

Folks, C'mon now. Can we please try to be civilized? I was at least attempting to keep it diplomatic. Sometimes I think I'm the only one that puts forth the effort around here. It's a curse sometimes. Anyway, I don't want to argue like this, but when people take my posts from non-state forums and display them in other forums, we have problems.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 PM

We call them stalkers...I had mine before

Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 PM

25,852 posts, read 44,116,022 times
Is I LOVE PA in trouble?! Put 'em up buckaroo!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 PM

Sorry Scran but she jumped into this one

Old 10-01-2008, 12:24 AM

1,655 posts, read 1,758,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Most times I'll say something in a sarcastic manner regarding my experiences,but then people gotta pile on and that's where the fire starts.
I think you have the blame for the fire in the wrong place.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 AM

10,574 posts, read 7,250,049 times
I remember a case about 10, 12 years ago where a trucker went berserk and drove through 2 counties in his truck with police following him. He was sky high on amphetamines, had his 2 kids in the cab and threw his wife out of the cab after wrecking a police car. They finally stopped him in a hill in Lehigh County after shredding his tires. He was hauling produce from California to New York.
Anyway, he got arrested and served time and while his family was here, broke, they were taken in and cared for by locals and churches until the hearing and arraignment.
The wife was interviewed and said that while she thought the authorities were overly harsh in their sentence of her husband, she was grateful for the compassion and generousity of the people of the community who took them in and gave them money to return home. She also said people in their home state of Mississippi weren't that generous to strangers. I think Pa gets a bum rap when it comes to helping people. And the mennonites are probably the most charitable people around, they're always having charity auctions and sales for needy people, some of whom you'd probably wish they wouldn't help.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 AM

Oh people can be helpful yet be rude at the same time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania