U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM
 
Location: NH
641 posts, read 1,579,404 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
You're a fake football fan. Try telling TRUE Steelers fans you root for the Pack and Pats. They'll laugh in your face.
If it came down to it in the superbowl or in a game where they play eachother, I would root for the Steelers. You can call me a fake fan all you want. I know what I am, and I know I'm not a fake fan.

If you want to argue with me over football, they have a Football forum on C-D

Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM
 
Location: NH
641 posts, read 1,579,404 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
N.R., So you are saying you hate the place I live, but you never lived out here in the western part of the state. Pittsburgh people go out of their way for anybody. They are the most down to earth people out of anywhere I lived.

Denver, the people were nice, but there are so many transient people, so they tend to just stick to theirselves. I was happy to get back around Pittsburgh People. But thanks for stereotyping us as rude and mean people though!
Yeah, I was typing something like that in a reply, but IE froze and I lost everything that I had said. I've always wanted to go to Pittsburgh, but the only way I would go there now is if I scored some cheap Steeler's tickets. I've been everywhere except the Western part of the state and Pittsburgh. I've been to Philly several times. Also been lost there several times, not a pleasant experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA (Temple U)
2,784 posts, read 4,311,795 times
Reputation: 819
It would be a joke of an argument, so forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 PM
 
Location: NH
641 posts, read 1,579,404 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
It would be a joke of an argument, so forget it.
Yeah, considering you started the rediculous argument in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,299 posts, read 1,792,694 times
Reputation: 1031
Default Pansy Crp is Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I only care about sports. I could care less about the arts or music. I say we just get rid of all our art museums in Philly and Pittsburgh and put all the money towards more sports venues! Philly in fat has the worst arts and music scene out of any city I have ever lived. When I lived there it was the only US city to bring a major portion of Salvador Dali's work in for a show. Nobody went to it, because nobody appreciates art there. Notice how PA's cities always rank so low for their arts, theater, and music.
Here in Pittsburgh we have crappy art museums, no good orchestra, no theater districts, or anything. It is only about the Steelers. Oh well, who needs that pansy crap anyways!

Don't worry about us PA people though. When we are cursing at you and kicking you when you go out shopping, that is just how we are nice!
That's not just PA,that's a northeastern thing

And I think you're right about the arts stuff...it's really big with the yuppies and tourists here,but they don't really live in the city so it doesn't really matter PA has always been blue collar and always will be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 959,671 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Yeah, I was typing something like that in a reply, but IE froze and I lost everything that I had said. I've always wanted to go to Pittsburgh, but the only way I would go there now is if I scored some cheap Steeler's tickets. I've been everywhere except the Western part of the state and Pittsburgh. I've been to Philly several times. Also been lost there several times, not a pleasant experience.
You can go to Pittsburgh and see art museums, a show, the science museum, very interesting neighborhoods, ride the inclines and see a beautiful skyline, see amazing architecture, and so much more without having to go to a Steeler Game.

What did you think of Old City in Philly? That is one of the coolest historical areas I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 959,671 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
That's not just PA,that's a northeastern thing

And I think you're right about the arts stuff...it's really big with the yuppies and tourists here,but they don't really live in the city so it doesn't really matter PA has always been blue collar and always will be
I had many friends from the city of Philly when I went to college. They were had more interest in art and music than anybody I have ever known. Your arguments are very stereotypical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: NH
641 posts, read 1,579,404 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
You can go to Pittsburgh and see art museums, a show, the science museum, very interesting neighborhoods, ride the inclines and see a beautiful skyline, see amazing architecture, and so much more without having to go to a Steeler Game.

What did you think of Old City in Philly? That is some of the coolest historical area I have ever seen.
I was in Philly on business. I was mugged the first time I went there, so the other times, I was prepared and packed a switchblade. I didn't think I would need to carry one considering the area I was in didn't look that bad, but I guess looks are deceiving. I also had family flying in, so I went to the airport several times.

It figures, nobody messed with me again after I decided to carry a switchblade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,299 posts, read 1,792,694 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Impossible. I'm not just a Steeler's fan. I'm a fan of football in general, slick. If there's a game on, I watch it, even if it is not the teams that I follow directly.


I moved to PA to get outta the south, and then realized I didn't go far enough north.


Went from NEPA (Hazleton to W-B area, moved around there alot, didn't like it), then went to Harrisburg area, still hated it. People were more rude and wages didn't pay.


I was actually thinking about moving to Colorado, but didn't think my car would make the trip.


Um yeah that's BS. I was always nice to people, but when I kept getting less than friendly outcome, I just stopped being nice. They thought I was being patronizing after being nice, so I just stopped.
As for the sports,I only pick teams from the areas I do like

Where did you live in the south that was so bad? I lived in VA and regretted later coming back up here

I also had the strange experience of living in NEPA as well...did you see all the street signs made of cardboard?

I don't know about Colorado but you should get your car fixed so you can go where you want!

And I also feel the same on the being nice part...my mother always told me to be nice,but after all the crap I started taking after moving to the new town I stopped just being nice and started giving back what was given me
So I guess you could say I've been like a mirror since then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,299 posts, read 1,792,694 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
N.R., So you are saying you hate the place I live, but you never lived out here in the western part of the state. Pittsburgh people go out of their way for anybody. They are the most down to earth people out of anywhere I lived.

Denver, the people were nice, but there are so many transient people, so they tend to just stick to theirselves. I was happy to get back around Pittsburgh People. But thanks for stereotyping us as rude and mean people though!
As far as Pittsburgh,the only thing I remember happening to me out that way was nearly getting shoved off the road by rednecks in big pick ups which I get here too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top