Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Are You Voting For On Election Day?
Sen. John McCain (R) 51 35.92%
Sen. Barack Obama (D) 74 52.11%
Other 6 4.23%
Undecided 6 4.23%
I'm Not Voting 5 3.52%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times

Advertisements

Folks, stop arguing. Senator Obama has just canceled his economic plans due to the circumstances. I don't think there is any money left to tax. Capital gains? Yeah, sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM

142 posts, read 406,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yeah the AFLCIO is a real nonpartisan organization.

I don't support them and I would be in favor of most of the bills cited as McCain voting for.

Unions are another layer of bureaucracy, corruption and criminal behavior that are a drag on our economy. The quicker we purge them from our system the better for all.

Funny how some people forget were they come from. Be sure to thank republicans for bending your hometown over and well you know. It makes me sick when someone from here doesent support unions. I am a union steelworker, my grandfather was a union steelworker, most of my family was and still are union steelworkers, or iron workers. I am sure yours is too.

To the republicans who think this right to work bs is so great, and are so agenst unions... I lived in a right to work state for a year, it was hell on earth. Low paying jobs, couldnt afford benefits, and there poverty rate is 10x higher than ours. So keep thinking these ideas are great...you have no idea. Min. wage is 5.15 an hour in the right to work state i lived in... i got a job at a factory down there non union only making 8 dollars an hour. How are you supposed to live off that??? I started out up here at 15 an hour, and will be up to 16 next month. I will be over 20 an hour within 5 years. You have NO working rights in a right to work state, if someone doesent like the way you look, or something you say you can be fired. If anyone thinks this is right, then they are messed up in the head. I went in high debt from living in that sh*thole for a year... medical bills (since i didnt have healthcare not because i didnt work but i couldnt afford to pay 350 dollars a month on 8 bucks an hour), worked 50-60 hours a week and made nothing, got taxed to hell and back, no paid holidays, it was a joke. Right to work is like slavery. Unless your a ceo, or high up somewere...right to work is garbage. I kissed the ground i walked on when i got back to Pennsylvania, got myself in a Mill, got myself out of debt, and got benefits.

Republicans who either have to much money, or that are just brainwashed think unions are at fault for the steel, and coal industry in PA going down. Not the case....These are some of the hardest working people in the world, and deserved to be payed for what they do. Of course companys are going to move elsewere when they can get away with paying people nothing. Thats what happened. To stick up for those companys, and the republicans who make it possible is just sick. People need to wake up, we have someone running who wants to change this BS and people are to blind or ignorant to vote for him. Even if someone doesent want to be in a union (make less money) to support right to work is no different than owning slaves...because thats what you are, owned by your company, and treated like dog sh*t. I have the experience of working 12 hour days without a break, making nothing, no holiday pay, no benefits that i could afford. If these b*stards make a federal right to work law, and put that in effect in PA that spits in the face of the whole history of this state.

Also here is a perfect example, i knew of a few teachers were i lived making only 20-30k a year in there horid schools down there. Up here teachers make over 50. Ones union, ones not....hmmmm why would anyone want to make double the money? People in this state, and this country need to wake up.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
I just give up. I don't care anymore. I actually think it is exciting watch this country fall apart. I say we give this country to the most uneducated, most moronic, and least qualified person. Skip McCain, and just go straight for Palin.

Who gives a crap. The apocalypse is supose to be coming in 4 years anyways. It will make for an entertaining last four years!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I just give up. I don't care anymore. I actually think it is exciting watch this country fall apart. I say we give this country to the most uneducated, most moronic, and least qualified person. Skip McCain, and just go straight for Palin.

Who gives a crap. The apocalypse is supose to be coming in 4 years anyways. It will make for an entertaining last four years!

Hear, hear!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
I think choosing between Obama and McCain is like choosing between athlete's foot and explosive diarrhea. Neither is particularly appealing.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I think choosing between Obama and McCain is like choosing between athlete's foot and explosive diarrhea. Neither is particularly appealing.
you mean Obama and Palin. I believe that Palin is actually the one running for president.

Go Palin!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:44 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Under McCain we'll see higher taxes,high unemployment, deep cuts in federal spending, social programs cut sharply, more terrorism, and an economy in a major depression.
Under Obama we'll see higher taxes, high undemployment, deep cuts in federal spending, social programs cut sharply, more terrorism, and an economy in a major depression.
Choose your poison. Be a fool and think one will somehow magically be able to do what the other can't. In a years time, Bush will be missed compared to how either Obama or McCain will be hated for not being able to do anything to pull the country out of its tailspin. Then, and only then, maybe, people will wise up and realize just how badly broken the two party sytem has become.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Did you say Bush will be missed?

Seriously,

Oh, I am just going to shut up. I will get banned if I go on...........................

Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
apocalypse? What makes you say that?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
apocalypse? What makes you say that?
Just google 2012 apocalypse.
It is in the Myan calander which supposedly predicted other "Things"
I think Nostradamus might have predicted it too for 2012.

People like me that had my house borded up and wrapped in plastic to keep me safe from anthrax attacks during 2002 have already started building the bomb shelter, drying beef jerkey, canning spinaach, and storing twinkies for this great event.

This event being the republicans winning again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania