U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who Are You Voting For On Election Day?
Sen. John McCain (R) 51 35.92%
Sen. Barack Obama (D) 74 52.11%
Other 6 4.23%
Undecided 6 4.23%
I'm Not Voting 5 3.52%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM

2,241 posts, read 4,742,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
The only point of his graphs, from what I can see, is that Republicans simply just have more money to afford that college in order to get that four year degree. Four year degrees ain't cheap. Of course that's just personal opinion....
Please. If you want to go to college in this county, you can go. Find the stats that show that those without an education are just as intelligent as those with.

There have been a lot of people on this thread claiming that if you're voting Republican then you are stupid. I didn't see you taking issue with that...so are educated Republicans stupid while uneducated Democrats the intelligent people in this country?

BTW, I'm sure the people of this country with money got to where they are on sheer dumb luck and have absolutely no intelligence whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM

73 posts, read 191,213 times
One last time, ainulinale, I am not going to argue, but the simple truth is that intelligence and education by definition are not the same thing. Look it up. As for "The argument in context was about Democrats being less informed than Republicans. These graph suggest just that," No, your graphs do not show that Democrats are less informed than Republicans. Your graphs show that a higher percentage of Repubs than Dems have graduated from college. Not the same thing. You are making inferences.
And by the way, it was you who referred to yourself as "So high again". If you can't take comments on what you yourself have posted, then be more selective on what you post. You need to chill.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb06 View Post
One last time, ainulinale, I am not going to argue, but the simple truth is that intelligence and education by definition are not the same thing.
No crap. When was this ever called into question? Not to mention there has never been an authoritative definition for intelligence to begin with because there are all kinds of intelligences.

Quote:
Look it up. As for "The argument in context was about Democrats being less informed than Republicans. These graph suggest just that," No, your graphs do not show that Democrats are less informed than Republicans. Your graphs show that a higher percentage of Repubs than Dems have graduated from college. Not the same thing. You are making inferences.
Yeah, a pretty reasonable inference. Like I said, if you can show evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

Quote:
And by the way, it was you who referred to yourself as "So high again". If you can't take comments on what you yourself have posted, then be more selective on what you post. You need to chill.
Ahh, so therefore you have the right to misinterpret my words. Or did it never occur to you that "high" doesn't refer to drug usage?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
The rankings of The Daily Show would only make up probably 1% of the number of people who support Obama.
This is a good point. I think it is only 2% or less.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 PM

641 posts, read 1,592,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
There have been a lot of people on this thread claiming that if you're voting Republican then you are stupid. I didn't see you taking issue with that...
I didn't say that voting Republican was stupid. So you have no argument, genious.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that voting Republican was stupid. So you have no argument, genious.
I never said you did, I simply asked you a question. BTW, it's genius.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I never said you did, I simply asked you a question. BTW, it's genius.
OK grammar nazi

How can you be stupid if you are educated? I know you can lack common sense, but that, my friend, was a stupid question.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
BTW, I'm sure the people of this country with money got to where they are on sheer dumb luck and have absolutely no intelligence whatsoever.
....Didn't say that either.

Perhaps a large trust fund was involved though. I wish I had one of those.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
OK grammar nazi

Quote:
How can you be stupid if you are educated? I know you can lack common sense, but that, my friend, was a stupid question.
Well, I think there are some on this thread who are arguing just that.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 AM

11,062 posts, read 7,849,767 times
Many educated people do stupid things or lack common sense or even lack morals and values which lead them to do things others wouldn't. Many uneducated people have common sense and a sense of right and wrong or at least the ability to control themselves. Read a newspaper sometime. Stupid people do stupid things, regardless of education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania