U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-21-2007, 07:17 PM

8 posts, read 24,374 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Harrisburg from northern Va (DC Metro). It's pretty nice here...I've met several others in just two weeks that have moved to this area as well. It's family oriented and there's plenty of shopping. You might want to check it out. All the big-city amenities in a place that's not big-city.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,926 times
I moved to PA from Las Vegas about 4 years ago..I live in west central PA in the city of DuBois..great little place with wonderful schools and great place to raise kids..I live in a gated community..much like a resort..lakes, boating, fishing, watersports, tennis, swimming pools, beaches on the lake, playgrounds for the kids, clubhouse and more. We have a small mall, grocery stores, restaurants and hospital within 5 minutes..State College and Altoona, 60 minutes away and Pittsburgh 2 1/2 hours, Buffalo, NY 3 hours, Cleveland Oh, 3 hours. Beautiful setting and friendly people...and I have a home for sale.
I have it listed on ebay...keyword Treasure Lake, PA.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:50 AM

460 posts, read 1,693,789 times
Southeastern Chester County here. No gangs, no noise, no excitement. It is so quiet at night it is you and crickets. We are within half hour of Lancaster so you can go and shop and then go back home with in half hour of MD and DE as well. Lots more shopping. My neighbors are amazing. My neighbor across the street cut my grass this morning. Lots of nice friendly people.
What price range are you looking for there are a few homes in my development for sale including my own.
I wish I could pick up this house and move it with us. IM me for more info.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,714 times
Question Same here

My family and I are also moving to PA, soon. My step son has relocated there with his mother (he has other relatives there as well.) It kills my husband to be so far away, we are in Fl. There has been some drama recently with his mom so we are up and moving next month, no money and no jobs!! I have a small child as well, so I know this is a little irresponsible but our plan was for him to go first find a place to rent and a job and we would join him a few months later.

Im just not sure what the right decision is. Any advise.
What bad things are you hearing about in Lancaster? We are relocating to an area somewhere around Elizabethtown, but not familiar with cities or counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania