Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 PM

46 posts, read 280,921 times

Advertisements

The average snowfall is 28 inches for the season. It seems to fall more in January and February. We do get wintry mix a lot - sleet, freezing rain, wet snow. It can make driving difficult, but if you are sensible you can get around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,553 times
Hi,

I’ve been reading this thread with great interest and appreciate all the info I’ve seen. My family is moving from Portland, Maine to Berks County for my husband’s job and we are looking forward to getting away from 120 inches of snow. He’s already working in Reading and is looking around, but where we live will depend on the school district and I could use some advice. My son, a 2nd grader, has tested in achievement tests as highly gifted. We need to find a school district that is a) able to accommodate a child who reads and understands material almost two grade levels above without skipping him a grade since his math skills are at his grade level, b) is flexible in their instructional methods and c) is willing to work with the parent on extra projects beyond the standard school work.. He is now in a parochial school, but we would like to put him in public school to save money. Any recommendations on a school district would be most welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania