Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much I will spend on holiday gift shopping this year
I give homemade gifts, I don't spend a dime! 2 9.52%
$50-$100 3 14.29%
$100-$200 3 14.29%
$200-$300 4 19.05%
$300-$400 3 14.29%
$400 -$600 3 14.29%
$600+ 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 AM

199 posts, read 712,492 times

Advertisements

Well, I am one of the ones that will spend $600+ as I have four kids (grown) plus their husbands/significant others, nine grandkids, and a couple of close friends. My eldest daughter is not doing well in SoCal, so she will get the most as she needs it, my other two daughters are doing well and have just about everything so they will get less, my grandchildren (especially the 6 from my eldest daughter) will be having their usual small xmas, so I try to give more to them (and not one is what you would call spoiled) right now they are all putting all their money together to replace thier broken PS2. And the two that live with me with their parents (dad just got laid off, mom just had major surgery) will get a little more, gosh, it sounds as if everyone is getting a little more. I am on a fixed income and usually spend about $1k and will probably be close to that when I am done. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Thats what happens to me. It all adds up fast. We do not do extended family. But our own is quite large.......kids, husbands, and my beautiful daughters. But, they remember your kindness for sure.
I still remember when I got a few of my childhood gifts. I can bring myself right there and see that morning. So that becomes priceless........The walking doll. The tape recorder!......
Memories are so important to me. I try hard for good memories.
I have to say some come with making cookies together. Making fresh lemonade........finding something they love. The day can be just so joyous........and that means a lot to me.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM

469 posts, read 1,451,907 times
One of my favorite childhood memories is of my mom and I, and sometimes my younger sister, decorating the tree together while listening to Brenda Lee Christmas. I still listen to her every year; now with my children, as we decorate the tree.
Silly, I know. But it always brings a smile to my face.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
One of my favorite childhood memories is of my mom and I, and sometimes my younger sister, decorating the tree together while listening to Brenda Lee Christmas. I still listen to her every year; now with my children, as we decorate the tree.
Silly, I know. But it always brings a smile to my face.
Not silly at all Stephanie! That is what Christmas really is!

My favorite tree-trimming memory was putting that awful silver tinsel on my Nana's tree each Christmas with my little brother. 3 strands per branch! My Nana was more of a perfectionist than I am! LOL! It took a long time to decorate that tree each year, but I remember that time fondly. We'd eat cookies and listen to christmas records while decorating with my Nana. It was a magical memory. But, no, I don't use that silver tinsel on my tree anymore! Though I have a lot of ornaments that my Nana made that I put on my tree each year.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:45 AM

469 posts, read 1,451,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Not silly at all Stephanie! That is what Christmas really is!

My favorite tree-trimming memory was putting that awful silver tinsel on my Nana's tree each Christmas with my little brother. 3 strands per branch! My Nana was more of a perfectionist than I am! LOL! It took a long time to decorate that tree each year, but I remember that time fondly. We'd eat cookies and listen to christmas records while decorating with my Nana. It was a magical memory. But, no, I don't use that silver tinsel on my tree anymore! Though I have a lot of ornaments that my Nana made that I put on my tree each year.
LOL! Yes, I too stay away from the tinsel.
I love giving my children these memories, knowing they will grow up and hopefully, remember them fondly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania