Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM

7 posts, read 26,611 times

Advertisements

I purchased my first home in allentown PA. I need to commute every to work to NYC. Can you tell me what's the quick route or any cheapest way to commute from Allewntown PA to NYC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM

155 posts, read 941,717 times
If you want to drive, 78 is your best bet.
Most people I know take the bus. Bieber, Trans bridge, both have web sites.
Good luck.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:15 PM

62 posts, read 329,915 times
Too funny... my husband and I are going in May to look at homes in Allentown, Doylestown, Bethlehem and he will commute to NYC...I do notice you can drive and also catch the NJ transit in trenton and my husband is also looking into the various buses which travel in the area to NYC....

Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 AM

155 posts, read 941,717 times
I forgot about the train in Trenton, However the commute from the Leigh Valley can take from 45 min. to better than an hour depending on traffic and wich route you take. Unfortunatly there isn't any easy direct way to go. At that point your probably better off driving to Hoboken and taking the subway in to the city.

The powers that be have been bantering about rail service from Allentown, but that's been going on for years, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 AM

27 posts, read 159,499 times
Default Buses

TransBridge offers daily commuter bus service into NYC. Most people who relo here with the intention of commuting to NYC look for homes near the park and rides and bus stops. I'm not sure where they are in Allentown but it should be on TransBridge's website. Bethlehem and Easton have several.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virangos View Post
The powers that be have been bantering about rail service from Allentown, but that's been going on for years, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
They've been talking about it up here in Scranton as well, especially as I-80 becomes more congested each day with more PA-NYC commuters. I don't know what they plan on doing, but NEPA and the Lehigh Valley alike are becoming increasingly-congested with each passing year as more and more locals make the commutes into NJ/NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania