U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 PM

390 posts, read 1,041,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
McCain was born in Panama. But thats not why I'm not voting for him. I personally don't care where you were born or went to church. I wanna know who has my best interests at hand and Barack Obama is the one.
Which still makes him a citizen under the Constitution. He was born to American parents on a U.S. military base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM

69 posts, read 180,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jencoo22 View Post
go to his site www.barackobama.com if you have an questions about his policy for taxes, education, and so on. There is so many false statements going on about him and I really just want everyone to read up and know the facts before voting.

Vote Tuesday for Obama!
Most, if not all the false statements come from Obama himself. If he has nothing to hide, let's see his real birth certificate! If you want the truth you need to go to an unbiased site, not one placed by Obama surrogates.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:39 PM

10,266 posts, read 16,317,830 times
Then go to http://www.factcheck.org/just-the-facts/.html (broken link) This site is unbiased and will tell you the straight facts about both candidates. They both stretch the truth, why bother arguing about something from a biased source, just look it up and make up your own mind. Here's the birth certificate question - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM

22,204 posts, read 16,285,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am really not into this birth certificate thing but since Obama is addressing it I have several honest questions,
Obama is not addressing it and further fueling the issue. This could have been put to bed a month ago by Obama producing the certificate but instead has been fighting it in the courts. From my understanding the only people the birth certificate has been made available too is factcheck.org and there has been questions raised as to the whether they might be bias. The copies floating around the internet are absolutely not reliable in any way shape or form.

If he was willing to make it available to them why not when requested in a court filing? Instead they filed for an injunction to have it dismissed?

This issue is not going to go away even if he is elected, if its determined he's not eligible for the presidency then the Gore/Bush fiasco is going to look like a cake walk.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM

5 posts, read 50,269 times
I AM A PA GIRL AND I CAN TELL YOU 100% WHEN I GO OUT THERE ON TUESDAY MY VOTE WON'T BE FOR OSAMA,OOPS, I MEAN OBAMA. NOT IF I WANT THE WAR ON OUR LAND. MCCAIN ALL THE WAY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE EITHER BUT IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY DON'T VOTE OBAMA. AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT EITHER CANIDATE ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT IF YOU GIVE TWO CRAPS ABOUT THOSE MEN AND WOMEN WHO FIGHT FOR US EVERYDAY YOU WILL KEEP A REPUBLICAN IN OFFICE. DON'T LET ALL THE LIVES LOST GO TO WASTE. THE TROOPS WANT TO BE THERE AND THEY DON'T WANT TO BE PULLED. DON'T LET ALL THEIR HARD WORK GO TO WASTE FOR NOTHING. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO VOTE ON TUESDAY IN PA------ASK A SOLDIER, THEY'LL TELL YA MCCAIN

Old 11-02-2008, 05:50 PM

4,301 posts, read 3,970,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jencoo22 View Post
I'd be happy to answer your questions the best I can..
I'm guessing no one has seen the official copy besides whoever it was sent to because how can everyone see an "actual" copy. When people need a copy of your birth certificate don't you photo copy it and send it to them?
I'm sure the birth certicate is the same as all the other ones that were made that year in Hawaii or else someone would have said something about that by now. I mean the smallest things get out about politicians how could someone get by with a Made up birth certificate. I'm sure it has been investigated if not by the media then definatly by the republican party.
African is just short for African American... I would not look to much into it
Your link shows a birth certificate printed by a laser printer on a form that was originally entered into use in 2001 (see bottom corner of document). While one may say that this "copy" might be acceptable by Hawaii as a form of voucher for his original certificate, it clearly is not a "photocopy" of the original which was made 47 years ago.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 PM

69 posts, read 180,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Then go to FactCheck.org (http://www.factcheck.org/just-the-facts/.html - broken link) This site is unbiased and will tell you the straight facts about both candidates. They both stretch the truth, why bother arguing about something from a biased source, just look it up and make up your own mind. Here's the birth certificate question - FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.
Factcheck.org is not an unbiased source, it is sponsered by the Annenberg Foundation which has been linked to Obama and Bill Ayers.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:02 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,547,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Obama is not addressing it and further fueling the issue. This could have been put to bed a month ago by Obama producing the certificate but instead has been fighting it in the courts. From my understanding the only people the birth certificate has been made available too is factcheck.org and there has been questions raised as to the whether they might be bias. The copies floating around the internet are absolutely not reliable in any way shape or form.

If he was willing to make it available to them why not when requested in a court filing? Instead they filed for an injunction to have it dismissed?

This issue is not going to go away even if he is elected, if its determined he's not eligible for the presidency then the Gore/Bush fiasco is going to look like a cake walk.
Doesn't One just pull out their birth certificate and proudly show it to anyone ,and everyone.......Why would this go into courts?
Why is this such secretive document? Very strange indeed!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM

1,910 posts, read 1,025,887 times
Who/what/where is factcheck.org and why they are the only arbiter here?

Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM

10,266 posts, read 16,317,830 times
The Annenberg Foundation has endorsed McCain and contributed to his campaign. Talk Gwinnett! - Re:What do Barack Obama and Bin Laden Have in Common? - Express Yourself! Forums (http://www.talkgwinnett.net/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=131&func=v iew&view=threaded&id=1982&catid=7 - broken link) "On 10/08/2008, John McCain's campaign released a list of 100 former ambassadors "endorsing" the GOP presidential nominee. Second on the list is Leonore Annenberg, currently the president and chairman of the Annenberg Foundation and widow of ambassador and philanthropist Walter Annenberg. Ms. Annenberg was herself the "chief of protocol" at the State Department under President Reagan."

Here's another site for fact checking - PolitiFact | A service of the St. Petersburg Times and CQ

Look at these sites and then decide if they are biased. This birth certificate and Bill Ayers nonsense are non-issues as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania