U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:54 AM

2,295 posts, read 3,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lititzman2003 View Post
Trust me, if you ever see me, you'd think that I've eaten EVERYWHERE in this county Seriously, I did eat dinner there and it was great. Be prepared to wait for a table but it's worth it. Enjoy your visit
Thnaks, Litizman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM

8 posts, read 6,204 times
Default Ephrata area is great !!

To Jennifer Brock: The Ephrata area is a great place to live. We have it all within a short driving distance. McDonalds 4 miles from my house. Wendy's 2.5 miles. Chinese food 3 , 4 , and 5 miles from my house. Walmart less than 10 minutes from my house. Hospital 4 miles from my house. Rec Center 3.5 miles from my house. Wawa 3 miles, Sheetz 2.5 miles. Two Cousins ( Italian food) 2.5 miles from my house. Elementary school 2.5 miles, High School and Middle School 3.5 miles from my house. Also, Dairy Queen between High School and Middle School. Really nice library about 3 miles from my house.

My Church is about a 15 minute walk ( 1 mile ) from my house.
Small town ( Akron) has Weiser Market ,( small grocery store for quick food needs). Akron is connected to Ephrata with a K-Mart in between.

I guess I didn't know how good I have it till I sat down and wrote this for you ! Oh, and by the way , I have 4 children too, and my third one is in her 5th year of college to be an occupational therapist.

Also, on May 30th , the house next to me is going up for auction at a public sale. It is a ranch style house about 30 by 60 , with 3 bedrooms and a two car garage with a breeze way between the garage and the house. It has a full basement and a 40 year roof was put on about 1993. The list price last year was about $240K but I don't know what the house prices will be at the end of May. I would love to buy it but I am not able to .
I heard that LGH is a good hospital to work for ( my daughter did her field work there last spring and she took the public bus quite a few times).

If you want more info write robertlandis@yahoo.com

Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,295,148 times
Can anyone recommend any good headhunters in the area? I need a little boost on my job search and thought that might be an avenue to pursue. Ideally, I'd be looking for an office management/bookkeeping position with a non-profit, but I'll take an OM position with any socially responsible company. I'd love to work in the educational field or in an environmental one. My last great position was with an environmental education non-profit. That was the best job I ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania