U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,501,056 times
Default Grief counselor

Does anyone know of a grief counselor in and around the Lititz area? My wife lost her young cousin last week and she's taking it very hard. I'm hoping time will heal but in case her depression gets worse I'd like to have a name handy. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM

3,695 posts, read 7,489,482 times
Compassionate Friends is a wonderful group w/ branches all over the country (and I think internationals), I would imagine they'd be a great resource for your wife, it's people helping people, maybe you could go w/ her a few times and see if it helps, 2 family members go and find it very supportive and helpful, you could google them for contact info in your area.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Compassionate Friends is a wonderful group w/ branches all over the country (and I think internationals), I would imagine they'd be a great resource for your wife, it's people helping people, maybe you could go w/ her a few times and see if it helps, 2 family members go and find it very supportive and helpful, you could google them for contact info in your area.
Thank you very much. I will look them up. I was planning to go as well, since her loss has affect me as well.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM

3,695 posts, read 7,489,482 times
My relative lives in a well-populated area and said every month there were new people who would come, it was very sad, they had a certain comraderie and have developed friendships over time, they've since gone to workshops etc which have helped immensely and I think there's a sibling group too (the parents weren't only affected, the whole family was too, in this case it was very sudden and unexpected, sometimes I still can't believe it, esp. around the holidays etc) but it helps to know others who have been thru tragedies and have coped and moved on, as best they can. My condolences to you and your wife and family.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 PM

Thanks again, Honeycrisp

Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 PM

73 posts, read 183,923 times
I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss.
You might try calling the guidance counselor at your local high school. Because they often work with students dealing with grief and other issues, and being counselors themselves, they have knowledge of the local mental health network and should be able to refer you to reputable help.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:57 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,003,249 times
I speak nothing but praise of Compassionate Friends, but the group is for people who have lost a child. I don't think they would turn anyone away, but they mainly concentrate on consoling people who have lost a child, no matter what age.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the advice! She's seems to be doing alittle better.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:07 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,287,639 times
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, litizman. I think the school guidance counselor is a good option for information. Also, perhaps your local library or a funeral home could be of assistance in finding someone.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, litizman. I think the school guidance counselor is a good option for information. Also, perhaps your local library or a funeral home could be of assistance in finding someone.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: