Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 45,067 times

Advertisements

Sorry about that. I forgot to put that they only come in 2 packs so a dozen is really 24 cookies and a 1/2 dozen is really 12 cookies (instead of 12 & 6). It's a little confusing but basically it's $1.05 a 2 pack not 1 cookie. Apologies for the confusion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 18,464 times
gotcha, thanks! i'll be emailing in the future.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,801 times
I would think the incredients are much more expensive.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:48 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I looked at the website link from Eagle7 and see that these are indeed what we call Amish Whoopie Pies. They're incredibly delicious, and come in many varieties, although the chocolate cake with white icing filling is most popular. My personal favorite is a yellow cake with a light chocolate icing filling. Yum!!!
Weaver's in Port have really good ones.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:56 PM

4 posts, read 12,042 times
don't get them in nc..they call gobs whoopie pies down here lol

Old 10-10-2009, 11:07 AM

8 posts, read 28,509 times
MMMM !!!! I remeber them well. Mostly my aunts homemade ones. Also long for my grandmothers nut roll. You can actually order those online at Maries bakery in I believe Roxbury. Havent tried them yet but plan on it . Hoping to move back to Johnstown sooon. Anyone have any info on what things are like there now? Crime info mostly. I know that jobs are scarce but cost of living looks good. How is the moxham area today?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:14 PM

8 posts, read 28,509 times
would love to hear from anyone now living in johnstown pa. Would welcome all info about living there today

Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM

113 posts, read 462,099 times
Oh yes....gobs! They are the best, but I remember gobs even further back as the original bakery was "Harrison Boyer" located on Chandler Ave in Morrelville. I've relocated from Johnstown to NJ where I spent my entire teaching career, then retired down to Easley,SC just south of Greenvile, SC. Since moving and being away all of those years I maintained contact with my mother and brother who lived in Johnstown ( Richland ). Recently, I spent many days in Johnstown due to my mom;s illness and I don't remember seeing any business activity at that location ( Dutch Maid) where the gobs use to be made and sold. However, I always was able to get the best homemade gobs from Mom through the many Church organizations who made them for varous sales. They are still the absolute best, even better then the gobs with the little sailor boy which I remember very well. For the past 25yrs or better I either received by mail or carted by car the famous gobs from Johnstown. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. (PS-if you ever visit the new DuncanDonut store across the street from the original Richland High School on rt56 ask to buy one of their "gob donuts" You will be shocked at how good they are)

Old 11-14-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,545 times
what about the dutch maid glazed donuts

Old 11-16-2009, 08:17 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,782 times
We lived our whole lives in Johnstown and just relocated to Alaska last year. I have made so many friends through the use of Gobs Anytime I make them, we give most of them away. But I totally forgot about the raisin cookies! I'm headed back for a visit in 2 weeks, and I am soooo going to have to get some!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania