U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:03 PM

4 posts, read 13,450 times

Advertisements

I have been to West Brownsville,Pa.many times,but not recently.My sister,nephew still lives there.I was wondering,how is everything there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,264,700 times
Greetings from little California down the river! Isn't much changed and that opinion probably works even if you haven't been there for twenty years.

Guess a used car lot is going in where the feed store was so that's a plus. The beer distributor is for sale, Paul's Body Shop sold out and is now a storage place, the old tire shop's still open. Coal train's still run through, swear they know when I need to get across the bridge as their timing is amazing.

The town still suffers from being connected to Brownsville, at least via the school system. That makes real estate a tough sell unlike Blainesburg which is connected to the California district.

The big hope is the Wal-Mart coming into the area on the hill, off four-lane route 40. That would change things quite nicely. But to do that, all the river towns on that side have to get an agreement on water and sewage and that's moving as fast as maple syrup on a South Pole morning.

That's it, check back in twenty years or so for an update.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM

3,183 posts, read 5,594,361 times
I thought West Brownsville was getting a sewer system. Has that not happened yet?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
I thought West Brownsville was getting a sewer system. Has that not happened yet?
No, not yet.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 AM

As long as the locks don't flood over this spring,I will be happy.My sister lives right on the Monongahela.Is Dukemanns for sale?They have been around forever.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound View Post
As long as the locks don't flood over this spring,I will be happy.My sister lives right on the Monongahela.Is Dukemanns for sale?They have been around forever.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 AM

I know it isn't the locks that flood over,it is the river,but just as well,I hope it doesn't happen.I have seen the aftermath one too many times.As long as the Vol.Fire Hall and the American Legion stay open I will still have a place to drink when I visit in the spring.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound View Post
I know it isn't the locks that flood over,it is the river,but just as well,I hope it doesn't happen.I have seen the aftermath one too many times.As long as the Vol.Fire Hall and the American Legion stay open I will still have a place to drink when I visit in the spring.
There's a house for sale on Water Blvd, just down from the beer distributor. The telephone pole in front has markers for all the floods. I'm six feet even and the highest marker tops me by a few feet. But so far so good, nothing even over the banks this year.

Yep, Dukman's has been for sale for quite some time now, no takers though as far as I know.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 4,855 times
this goes out to the person calling them selfs DAWGPOUND. Water Blvd. is in the flood zone so I'am sure every one wants to buy that 'goodie'.
As Far as Dukmans with your intelligence you think you would know that some business sell the name with the sell of a business so real smart people like you know nothing other than were the local water wholes are so why not do your home work before you put your foot in you're mouth as always .
IT's CALLED WET BRAIN ,LOOK IT UP I HAVE A FEELING THATS WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO. On your next visit I have a felling your name must be Levi Almost a Know IT ALL

Old 08-29-2010, 05:29 PM

4 posts, read 4,855 times
This goes out to all that are wondering about west brownsville getting a Sewer Syatem in stead of wondering why not call your local mayor, he wounldnt know eather. I do, they will start their work as soon as the old bridge is done being painted which by the way the dead line is Sept. 27th
THE KNOW IT ALL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania