Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM

6 posts, read 11,803 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Does anyone commute from Hamilton, NJ to Horsham, PA. I am looking to land a job in Horsham, PA. Not sure if the commute would be OK. The economy being bad , do not want to let it go..I would be leaving at around 8:00 - 8:30 a.m from Hamilton to Horsham, and back from Horsham to Hamilton ar 4:30-4:45 p.m.....Please let me know if anyone of you has done this commute or is doing it!

Thanks
Resident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM

316 posts, read 1,015,623 times
First, if you put this in the Philadelphia portion, you would probably get many more replies and advice.

I don't know about the rush hour traffic, but can tell you a few things.

Hamilton to Horsham is about 40-45 minutes when its not rush hour if you aren't a slow driver, that's taking Route 1 and Turnpike. So I think you can count on having at least an hour's commute in rush hour.

Something to keep in mind with travel time that I can tell you for sure, the Willow Grove exit of the turnpike can get backed up, so it can definitely add to the commute time (which sucks, that wasn't really the case a few years ago). And then you have to add on Horsham traffic time. Depending on where the job is, some of those streets are backed up because there are so many people who work in that area, so many business parks, but its not as bad as it was, they've changed the light patterns to help with the flow of traffic and the start/stop times of employees has become much more staggered.

On your return commute, getting out of Horsham back to the turnpike can easily take 10 minutes even though it shouldn't be more than 3 minutes because of the traffic.

Sorry I couldn't be a bigger help. Definitely post in the Philly section, there might be people who can give you personal info on the rush hour commute.

Good luck, I do think the commute is doable.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 PM

6 posts, read 11,803 times
Default Commute

Thanks for the reply...I will definitely post i in the Philly column....Mapquest says 44 minutes....I hope this commute works..so hard to find a job these days...

Cheers,
resident
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania