Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 07:13 PM

8 posts, read 25,230 times

Advertisements

Hi, Please could you give me some insight on PA. There's possibilty for work for my husband and I in Coatesville right next to Chester County Airport. I was wondering if this area is a good place to live or what area would you recommend. We have two children ages 9 and 3. Any info would be really appreciated. Thank you very much in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Coatesville is a nice area but the town itself is older and has seen better days. Most of the people live in the hills that surround Coatesville. It tends to be a bit isolated out there, thats great if that your thing. Personally I would look into the towns to the east of Coatesville, the western fringe of the Philadelphia metro. Its very nice, fairly modern area. West Chester,Exton, Chester Springs,Malvern,Valley Forge and Downingtown. All of these areas to the east of Coatesville have excellent schools.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,076 times
What business would you and your husband work at ??
I lived about one mile from the airport in Sadsbury 18 months ago...
Coatesville is a dangerous dump with crappy schools but there
are good places close by. The area is devloping fast so you must keep
traffic in mind in an area you choose. Lemme know if I can provide you
with any information. I moved to Vermont from that area and would
give a body part to be able to move back.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:19 PM

8 posts, read 25,230 times
Thank You Both So Much For Replying. It Will Give Me A Good Idea Where To Look If/when We Move. Thanks Again

Old 04-03-2007, 07:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Agree with above posters. We lived in Downingtown for four years and it's a nice area with good schools but growing very, very fast. Coatesville has been trying to improve itself for years but not succeeding very well. For more value for your money, the farther west you can go the better but for schools, West Chester and Downingtown school districts have great reputations.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:31 PM

151 posts, read 817,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Coatesville is a nice area but the town itself is older and has seen better days. Most of the people live in the hills that surround Coatesville. It tends to be a bit isolated out there, thats great if that your thing. Personally I would look into the towns to the east of Coatesville, the western fringe of the Philadelphia metro. Its very nice, fairly modern area. West Chester,Exton, Chester Springs,Malvern,Valley Forge and Downingtown. All of these areas to the east of Coatesville have excellent schools.

Good luck.
I agree with Rainrock on his asssessment of towns east of Coatesville. I'd even add to a lesser extent Parkesburg and Honeybrook (W and NW of C'ville). I would stay away from Coatesville.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,509 times
Default Coatesville

The Coatesville Area has many facets. There are many townships that make up the Coatesville zip code. The schools have a bad reputation, however, after experiencing the schools, our family has found it to be a great place for our children. We hear a lot of negatives on the school district, but once you have been there you soon find it is the best kept secret in Chester County. Take time to look at all of the townships in Coatesville before deciding not to live in it!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 AM

5 posts, read 24,374 times
Hello! I am new to this forum and wanted to get some basic information about the Coatsville/Downingtown/West Chester areas. I am thinking of moving up to any of those areas and I am currently living in York. I will have to rent - and be able to find a place that will accept me and my dog (he's a Labradoodle, Charlie). I am not sure where to start...

Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista26 View Post
Hello! I am new to this forum and wanted to get some basic information about the Coatsville/Downingtown/West Chester areas. I am thinking of moving up to any of those areas and I am currently living in York. I will have to rent - and be able to find a place that will accept me and my dog (he's a Labradoodle, Charlie). I am not sure where to start...
Call the Chester County chapter of the PA Association of Realtors and ask for information on the areas in which you are interested. There are also usually some brochures for apartments in Wawa's and such. The Wawa is a local convenience store/gas station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania