Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 AM

3 posts, read 12,163 times

Advertisements

Hello all!!

I have been considering opening a children's consignment shop for years now...I moved to Lancaster PA from MI. I see Lancaster has 2 children's consignment stores, both are a little south and seem to do very well.

Anyone have any thoughts on opening a shop in Northern Lancaster/Lititz/Manheim Twp area?? There are so many new shopping plazas that would be great for this kind of business...I would love any feedback/thoughts

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,340,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltfamilytree View Post
Hello all!!

I have been considering opening a children's consignment shop for years now...I moved to Lancaster PA from MI. I see Lancaster has 2 children's consignment stores, both are a little south and seem to do very well.

Anyone have any thoughts on opening a shop in Northern Lancaster/Lititz/Manheim Twp area?? There are so many new shopping plazas that would be great for this kind of business...I would love any feedback/thoughts

Thank you!!!

I'm pretty sure there's a consignment shop in downtown Lititz and it does very well. Maybe consider the Brickerville/West Ephrata area?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 AM

Thanks for your post There is a consignment store in town there but it carries only clothing...I am gearing mine more toward child clothing, gear and furniture, cribs, etc.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 AM

Oh, my fault. In that case you should consider the downtown area. I've seen alot of families move in over the last several years and with a down economy you should be very successful. I know the merchants are smart, enterprising people who stick together. Best of luck

Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM

Thanks a million...maybe I will look into that area, the town has a wealth of info online for statrting a business there in Lititz also, a very nice community!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltfamilytree View Post
Thanks a million...maybe I will look into that area, the town has a wealth of info online for statrting a business there in Lititz also, a very nice community!
I know the town gets alot of foot traffic. The Second Friday events draws a huge crowd. If you rent a store just try to stay west of Cedar Avenue.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 AM

175 posts, read 589,890 times
I just saw an ad in the local paper that there is a shop available for rent in the "Brickerville Shoppes". The restaurant there has brought life back into the area.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayee View Post
I just saw an ad in the local paper that there is a shop available for rent in the "Brickerville Shoppes". The restaurant there has brought life back into the area.
That area is really improving. My wife stops at the various stores when she goes to Esbenshade's. The OP may want to consider Route 322 near Route 501.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,766 times
I moved here from Georgia and I have alot of children's clothes of all ages,books,toys,and other items.I'm wanting to find a consignment shop that would let me put some of these items in their stores.I was also wandering if maybe it would be better for me if i had my own shop.I would like it if someone had some feedback for me on this matter.

Thanks

Old 07-16-2009, 06:26 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,144,940 times
This thread caught my eye and I felt I just had to put in my 2 cents for whatever its worth, LOL. Lititz is a pretty wealthy area. Would people with money want to get items for their kids from a consignment shop? I always thought they were for poorer areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania