U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 7,698 times

Advertisements

I live in Huntingdon, a small town 45 min south of St Coll with a very rural lifestyle, I love it, if thats what you're looking for it is here. Very little crime.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM

98 posts, read 247,027 times
Default Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystown pa
I live in Huntingdon, a small town 45 min south of St Coll with a very rural lifestyle, I love it, if thats what you're looking for it is here. Very little crime.
Thanks .
It is partly what I am looking for.
But I also need to be not too far from a city that has jobs.
But I will keep the name in mind
Johnnybandfreak

Old 07-26-2006, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,698 times
What kind of jobs are you looking for, a lot of people drive to Altoona, or State College from here.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Jobs

It is not a kind of job that I am looking for, but more of a kind of economy.
The economy needs to be diversified.
Thank you again for your help.
johnnybandfreak

Old 08-08-2006, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 13,675 times
i lived in hollidaysburg/altoona and went to college in state college. i agree with the other posts: state college is predominantly white and survives becuase of penn state. i LOVED living there for 4 years while IN school but i would not live there now. its just a whole lot of drinking and not much else..

altoona, IMO sucks. i would not live there either. i lived in hollidaysburg and if are you move to redneck country, aka central pa... hburg would be the place to live. its a cute, quite town... again predominantly white. the people there have lived in the same house their whole lives and seem to resist change. i couldnt live there now if i wanted becuase there are absoluately no jobs for me (im in the scientific field).

anywhere in central pa doesnt have much cept going bowling, goin to the movies, or drinking. everything closes at 10pm except for restaurants and the walmart. if youre married and ok with just hangin out with your spouse at home, its a good, decent area but if your young... forget it

Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Infos

Thank you all for your feedbacks.
johnnybandfreak

Old 08-14-2006, 03:05 AM

5 posts, read 14,387 times
Default Altoona

Lived there for 13 years, now live in Florida.
Altoona=
Crime
Drugs
No work to speak of
dreary
nothing to do
dirty
But on the bright side there are alot of loose women around the town.
AND THAT AIN'T BAD

Old 03-23-2007, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,300 times
Default please don't do it!

let's see I lived in State College for ten years and beleive me it sucks. When you first get there it seems fun open minded and free. Then you begin to realized your living in a small- minded, penn state blue and white bubble. Nothing changes around here and EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND PENN STATE!!!! everyone works there, talks about it and everybody wears the same thing, eats the same thing, go to the same places and there is absolutely nothing to do. There is no jobs because everyone works at Penn State. even stores can stay alive because of it. Students rule the town. DRINKING, DRINKING DRINKING. At you don't even want to be in town when there's a football game. The whole town shuts down. All street are blocked you can't even get to the emergency room. As far as diversity, forget it. Just because you see a few minority students don't mean they are accepted. This town is basically a farm town that makes all its money on the university with small town views that doesn't even accept city folk and doesn't like change and wont change. All people do is go to school, drink, grow up and become professional students. No careers. Dull and boring and long winters. here is the the events that go on in a year. Students come back, drinking, go to walmart shop for dorm...dull..student's leave place is empty dull....students back from break...football game...dull...holiday break students gone....boring....students back.... arts festival...students leave. Each and every year it's the same old boring thing. PLease I would not advise anyone with any life in them to move here. like a said, a huge bubble when the real world is elswhere. I am dying to get out. (as you can see)
I agree also with the above threads about altoona also.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:17 PM

33 posts, read 102,787 times
Default State College is great!

No! State College is NOT out. I have no clue what these other people are talking about. State College is an A+ town. The crime is very, very minimal. The schools are excellent, and the people are friendly. Students cause no trouble at all. They stay on campus and are really not bad. The houses are very resonably priced. There are many state parks and the setting is beautiful. Drinking? I have no clue why people are saying that's what everyone does, because it's not. If you really don't want to be near students, go to Bellefonte, which is right outside of State College. Please don't listen to these other people. They don't no what they are talking about. Yeah, everthing kind of does have to do with Penn State, but that's just because everyone's a fan and loves their University. What's wrong with that? It breaks my heart that people are saying mean things about the town and area I love, because when they are so wrong. Look at State College websites and other forums on State College, it's a wonderful place. It is called Happy Valley, after all. DON'T TRUST THESE OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I hope I changed your mind about State College.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 PM

93 posts, read 237,036 times
Wow, I could not agree more with the last post. State College is a great town. Yeah, I am a Penn State fan(as you can tell by my name) but even if I wasn't I would still love this area. These other people are so wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania