U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 AM

11 posts, read 29,118 times

Advertisements

Here is the Rocco's Pizza Menu. I went in last night, and ordered from the counter. I ordered a large extra cheese pizza. It took about 25 minutes, but for a pizza place that's not a "fast food pizza chain", that's acceptable.

The pizza itself was....okay I guess. The crust was kinda doughy yet, and not crisp. The pizza got thinner as it went inward, so when you picked up a piece it just folded. The cheese they used, though abundant, was kinda thick. When coupling the thick cheese with the thin pizza, EVERY piece that I ate had most of the cheese pull off the slice and stay with the cheese on another slice. That's annoying. The sauce was very good. Not exactly spicy, but you could definitely tell it had been treated and not just poured from a can. Overall, I wouldn't say don't go to Rocco's, I'll just say go there but don't expect it to be your new favorite.

Also, the menu is kind of limited. I had wanted to order breadsticks or something like that with the pizza, but the said they don't make breadsticks. And their subs are limited to cold subs. If they expand their menu, I'll likely try them again. But for now, I'll stick to IT express, Villa Teresa In the mall, or something else.

Also, for anyone wanting to try them out and eat at the restaurant, there are about five or six four person tables inside. Parking is a little tight but there is additional parking across the street. All staff was friendly, thought a little unorganized. But...they just opened a new restaurant, and I'm sure will get into the swing of things soon enough. Thanks for reading.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM

1,513 posts, read 4,571,867 times
Did y'all see the article in the Sunday paper that the new pizza place next to Wal-Mart is open now?

Unfortunately I can't find a link to the article because the Daily Item web site search engine is not very friendly unless you put in the exact words from the article title.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,613,839 times
Is it just me, or has traffic been flowing better recently? I don't think I've been stuck more than one cycle on "the strip" on a Friday or a Sunday in the last two years.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM

I found the article in my paper and the restaurant is called Sorella (which means "sister" in Italian) and is run by three sisters and their mother. I absolutely could not find this online. Sorry!

They're closed on Sundays.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM

9 posts, read 28,646 times
Default amato's

I went to amato's in selinsgrove Saturday night, had the worst waitress of all time . The portions where very skimpy also. If they wanted to close early, because of the snow storm , they shouldn't have opened at all.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,842,687 times
Just curious if there are any updates on Sonic? I remember April was thrown around but wasn't sure if that may be when they open or start building? I'm excited to try something new on the strip

Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Was the Sonic going to go in the small car place almost beside Monroe Marketplace? I see they still have the for sale/lease signs up. My curiosity is strong right now

Old 03-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Yes, R.J. That's where Sonic was to go. I have noticed that realtor signs tend to sometimes stay in place even after construction has begun.

On another note, my family and I ate at SORELLA'S last night. Wow! I really missed them when they left the mall (as Villa Teresa). The pizza was as good as ever. We had to get garlic breadsticks as all the garlic knots were spoken for when we arrived. We ate late for us - 6:30. There were several tables full of people when we got there, and they got quite busy between 7:00 and 7:30. It's great to have what my husband calls "real pizza" available again. They're open every day but Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. They have appetizers, pizza, stromboli, calzone, salad, dinners and desserts at prices comparable to OIP or Amato's.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Took notice that the Golden Chopsticks have a lunch/dinner buffet. Not sure if this is new but it's for a great price. Anybody go to it? What do they have on the buffet? I'm intrigued in checking it out.

Dawne, was going to eat at Sorella's the other day but my friend talked me out of it as she wasn't interested in going. I gotta finally go check them out.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:38 PM

We've been to Sorella's 3 times. If you get the little coupon book that comes in the mail, they have a coupon in there for the month of April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania