Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 PM

226 posts, read 757,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps85 View Post
Does anyone know of a place around here that has a "Pittsburgh-Style" sandwich? You know, with the fries and coleslaw right on the sandwich?
Last time I was at Red Robin, I had a burger with onion rings on it. Don't know if they have any with fries or slaw on though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 12:58 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,907,074 times
Alright, going to be a grouch.......if you are driving down 11 & 15 - don't ride in the passing lane if you are not passing somebody! I can't tell you how frustrated I am at people going below the speed limit in the passing lane when they have room to get over (and never turn anywhere). Man that is a big pet peeve!

Is a housing development going in at the end of Roosevelt road by the mall/Geisinger doctor's office? I see they are clearing things out pretty good. I'm amazed at the amount of housing that is being built when there are a ton for sale and unoccupied right now.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,668,175 times
There are condos going in between Roosevelt Avenue and Lori Lane along Mill Road. It looks like they may extend over across from the Sears parking lot behind the Church of Christ and possibly across Mill Road at the end of Roosevelt Avenue too. I think I heard something like 92 or 94 condo units should be available in the fall sometime with more in the future. I can't imagine they'll fill up very quickly.

I agree with your pet peeve, RJ, especially with all the construction going on in the area, and the Sunbury bridge being down to one lane. The right lane just creeps along, and it would be so nice to get into the left lane and be able to actually go!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM

63 posts, read 155,709 times
HERE IS THE lINK FOR THE TOWHOUSES GOING IN BEHIND lOWE'S. DO WE REALLY NEED MORE TOWNHOUSES? ARN'T THERE STILL SOME THAT ARE FOR SALE IN MONROE MANOR? :-)

Melbourne Place - Mechanicsburg, PA - Mechanicsburg Townhomes, new homes mechanicsburg, townhouses, central pennsylvania homes

Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 11,411 times
New hoagie shop in downtown Selinsgrove at 29 N. Market Street. The name is Taste of Philly check it out on opening day July 22. A menu is posted on Facebook just search "Taste of Philly". Taste of Philly will be featuring huge hoagies with quality Dietz and Watson meats and cheeses and homemade rolls. We'll also be serving wraps, salads, nachos and homemade pierogies every Wednesday. Hoagies will be 22", 11" and 6". They'll be 2 lbs., 1 lb. and 1/2 lb. Check us out and give us a try! Thanks for your support!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:08 AM

393 posts, read 1,524,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taste of Philly View Post
New hoagie shop in downtown Selinsgrove at 29 N. Market Street. The name is Taste of Philly check it out on opening day July 22. A menu is posted on Facebook just search "Taste of Philly". Taste of Philly will be featuring huge hoagies with quality Dietz and Watson meats and cheeses and homemade rolls. We'll also be serving wraps, salads, nachos and homemade pierogies every Wednesday. Hoagies will be 22", 11" and 6". They'll be 2 lbs., 1 lb. and 1/2 lb. Check us out and give us a try! Thanks for your support!
I will definitely try the subs.

It's very difficult to find a good hoagie in this area. Some are OK but not to the level that I remember years ago. Most people in the area judge the subs on size and not taste. I would rather have a smaller sub with high quality meat that tastes good rather than an over-loaded one packed with cheap lousy tasting lunch meats which are prevalent in this area. Dietz and Watson is a quality product.

Wegman's probably makes the best ones, but it's all the way up in Williamsport.

Best of luck to you.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:39 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,668,175 times
I'm sure we'll be checking out Taste of Philly too. You're in the building directly across from Kleinbauer's, right? It is sooo hard to find a "real" sub/hoagie any more. Looking forward to your opening. Best wishes!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM

393 posts, read 1,524,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I'm sure we'll be checking out Taste of Philly too. You're in the building directly across from Kleinbauer's, right? It is sooo hard to find a "real" sub/hoagie any more. Looking forward to your opening. Best wishes!
Dawn

We go through Montoursville a lot and we noticed they have many sub shops. Which one is the best?

Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,907,074 times
Will be checking out Taste of Philly as well

Any news about the Sonic floating around? Seems like a dead subject. After finally eating at one last month I'm more excited about the possibility of one coming to the area.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 AM

4 posts, read 11,411 times
We're across from Kleinbauers on the lower level. In addition to opening on July 22, we are having a grand opening on July 31. We'll be giving away a free half hoagie a week for a year, free t-shirts with a $25 purchase and a trip to Philadelphia. Thanks for your support everyone! Now its time to get ready for the Hops, Vines and Wines festival!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania