Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,820 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I will be staying at the Extended Stay Hotel in Exton for 3 1/2 months i would like to know about the area like the crime and if its safe for me to walk my dog alone and also whats in the area? I am very nervous. And just would like to know about the area a little from people who have been there or lives there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
i've pretty much lived in downingtown my whole life (next town over). i go to exton all the time and have never felt the least bit afraid regardless of time of day or night. there's no crime there that i'm aware of. you have nothing to worry about

if you have any other questions let me know

Old 07-14-2009, 09:53 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,341,349 times
Ep is right; little or no crime at all in Exton. There's plenty of restaurants, shopping and a movie theatre. It's also close to major highways (PA Turnpike, Routes 30 & 100) so you can get around the area fairly easy. Traffic can be heavy on Route 100 and the Route 30 bypass during rush hour,however. Enjoy your stay.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 AM

865 posts, read 1,488,231 times
Oh God, Exton is very safe...been living here for a handful of months. Watch the waistline though - restaurants are good! You will need to walk your dog so you don't get too fat living here!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:38 PM

14 posts, read 43,452 times
Default I live just down the street from that Extended Stay...

And walking along Rt. 100 is not a good idea. LOTS of traffic. However you could walk to the Starbucks which is next to the other hotel. You'll be in what we consider Lionville which has all of the basics: grocery, Target, banks and several excellent "non-chain" restaurants. We're starting to see some sidewalks going in but it isn't consistent. When you go into Exton, you'll find lots of shopping, several small but very nice parks. Mostly it's the same kind of thing - difficult to walk because of the traffic. So be VERY careful even on the "back roads" because the drivers in this area are pretty aggressive. You won't have any safety problems in this area other than the drivers. And ask for a suite on the rear side of the hotel because the street side will be very noisy. If you don't have access to a car, there is a local bus that runs up and down Rt. 100. Enjoy the area! Make sure to go into West Chester which is a lovely little town with lots of great restaurants and shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania