Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 AM

24 posts, read 127,237 times

Advertisements

We are planning to relocate. We visited Chester County last week. A little bit too country for us. We briefly drove through Montgomery County. It looks a little bit more upscale. Any recommendations on New Home Construction (sub divisions with single family homes) from $350K to $450K in towns near Collegeville or Pottstown? Also how is the shopping in this area? Are there restaurants and malls located nearby? How are the schools?

Appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Shopping in Montgomery county?? Google the King of Prussia mall and see what turns up. If you travel on Routes 202, and 476 anywhere in Mongomery County you will find just about any shopping option you would like. And if you thought Chester County was rural then you must not have been in Exton. Eastern Chester County is almost as traffic prone and congested as Montgomery County. School-wise, Collegeville is better then Pottstown imho.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,093 times
Montgomery County is a large county. Where are you going to be working? I'd start my search nearest to where you are working but that's just me. As toobusytoday says, there is a lot of gridlock on the roads. I'm most familiar with E. Montgomery county (Hatboro/Horsham/Willow Grove/Lansdale/Montgomeryville) so if that is your target, let me know.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,093 times
Also you should post in the Philadelphia boards because you'll find more local information for the Philly suburbs than posting on the larger Pennsylvania board.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,848 times
Good luck finding new construction for under $700K! That seems to be the going rate in Plymouth Township, not sure if Collegeville is any cheaper.

Schools vary widely. I've heard that Norristown is a mess. I've heard good things about Colonial, North Penn, and Methacton districts.

There is more than ample shopping available, and restaurants aplenty as well.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Drive along 422 from Limerick east and you'll see mile after mile of new housing developments. North of Collegeville/east of Boyertown there are some new developments but still some farm and open space hanging on. Montgomery County is the shopping mecca for eastern Pa, KOP gets shoppers from New Jersey. The farther west you go the lower home prices and taxes and schools remain good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania