Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM

5 posts, read 14,693 times

Advertisements

Well i must say...out of the 26 places i've lived on the e. Coast...lancaster county
is terrible w/ lititz being the worst of the worst. The people are beyond unfriendly.
Backstabbing is a lifestyle. The people are in serious denial...they lie and believe their own lies. 3 of my vehicles have been randomly vandalized...i've been stolen from more than 10 times. The churches seem loveless and cold... And...is anyone faithful here!?!
Yeah...i wouldn't recommend this scene to an enemy...total waste of 9 years...evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 29,219 times
These replies are helpful but Lancaster County while it may be conservative still only went to McCain by 11 points. certainly not a margin that deserves a "Nazi" label.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 AM

Not just about political affiliation here...but across the board...the bulk of the lot here strongly dislike and oppose anyone who is not exactly like them. I have never before seen such malice and disreguard of others in my life as in this place.
They truly believe that they're better than everyone else and i'm absolutely sick of these killjoys here. If christ came here...
They'd crucify him a second time @ the square on their way home from church. The backstabbing...the gossip...the mean-spirited attitude...the cold/religious facade...the constant stealing...the constant scamming on other's women...the unpresidented lying...the extreme cheating...the constant destruction of others' property...the constant applauding of others' misfortunes........the furthest representation from the church of jesus christ...yet they preach the loudest here.....
This place sucks...good luck.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,341,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSTAR77 View Post
Not just about political affiliation here...but across the board...the bulk of the lot here strongly dislike and oppose anyone who is not exactly like them. I have never before seen such malice and disreguard of others in my life as in this place.
They truly believe that they're better than everyone else and i'm absolutely sick of these killjoys here. If christ came here...
They'd crucify him a second time @ the square on their way home from church. The backstabbing...the gossip...the mean-spirited attitude...the cold/religious facade...the constant stealing...the constant scamming on other's women...the unpresidented lying...the extreme cheating...the constant destruction of others' property...the constant applauding of others' misfortunes........the furthest representation from the church of jesus christ...yet they preach the loudest here.....
This place sucks...good luck.
I feel your pain, Darkstar, and wish you well. Prior to this post, I thought it was just people over 40 who felt this way about Lititz. You sound much younger then me (50) and that really is disheartened to know that this is not a age issue but one that encompasses everyone from all walks of life. The only thing I haven't experienced that you apparently have knowledge of is destruction of other's property. I was hoping that the wife and I could retire here but we're already discussing moving once the kids go to college, which won't be long now. From the outside, Lititz looks like a great town. However, once you settle in here you discover it is a nightmare. I don't what it's like in any other town in Lancaster County but for anyone considering making Lititz your permanent home my advice to you is to RENT first. Try the area out for a few months and get involved in your church, community groups, etc and really get a feel of the attitudes of the residents here. I can pretty much guarantee that as soon as your lease expires you'll look someone else.

You did forget about the spoiled, unsupervised teenagers who are basically terrorizing this town with their new cars that their parents bought them for their fifteenth birthday and the horrible way they treat minorities.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 6,858 times
I think if you come to town with a chip on your shoulder, you will see what ever town you are in negatively. Try coming to Lititz with an open mind and perhaps you will be greeted with an open heart.

We are relative newbies in the area. I'm sometimes alternate between walking with a cane or a walker (although I'm in my 40s). I have friends that are homosexual and heterosexual, and they have various amounts of melanin (the brown pigment found in skin) in their skin. Some have oval shaped eyes and some have slanted eyes. My friends and I have not experienced problems. We have gotten positive comments such as where did you find that ring or that shirt. They were happy to take business cards from the various artists in the group to be able to purchase said items.

My kids were in school when the "racism" event occurred. It was blown out of proportion by the news media.

I'm sorry some have had bad experiences here. that has not been my experience nor that of my friends.

Last edited by Artisttia; 07-23-2009 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: didn't read all posts prior to posting-

Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisttia View Post
I think if you come to town with a chip on your shoulder, you will see what ever town you are in negatively. Try coming to Lititz with an open mind and perhaps you will be greeted with an open heart.

We are relative newbies in the area. I'm sometimes alternate between walking with a cane or a walker (although I'm in my 40s). I have friends that are homosexual and heterosexual, and they have various amounts of melanin (the brown pigment found in skin) in their skin. Some have oval shaped eyes and some have slanted eyes. My friends and I have not experienced problems. We have gotten positive comments such as where did you find that ring or that shirt. They were happy to take business cards from the various artists in the group to be able to purchase said items.

My kids were in school when the "racism" event occurred. It was blown out of proportion by the news media.

I'm sorry some have had bad experiences here. that has not been my experience nor that of my friends.
Do you actually live in Lititz? I can only speak for myself and my family and I can assure you that we were really looking forward to moving here. All we heard from realtors and a friend of ours was how great Lititz was. Of course, none of the realtors or our friend lived here so they didn't know the attitudes of the residents here. Why would anyone move into a new town with "a chip on their shoulder"? All we wanted was to live peacefully and quietly and be a good neighbor, and all we've gotten is ignorance and dealing with childish mentalities. Again, I would NOT recommend buying a house in Lititz.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:34 PM

Default "chip on shoulder..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisttia View Post
i think if you come to town with a chip on your shoulder, you will see what ever town you are in negatively. Try coming to lititz with an open mind and perhaps you will be greeted with an open heart.

We are relative newbies in the area. I'm sometimes alternate between walking with a cane or a walker (although i'm in my 40s). I have friends that are homosexual and heterosexual, and they have various amounts of melanin (the brown pigment found in skin) in their skin. Some have oval shaped eyes and some have slanted eyes. My friends and i have not experienced problems. We have gotten positive comments such as where did you find that ring or that shirt. They were happy to take business cards from the various artists in the group to be able to purchase said items.

I'm sorry some have had bad experiences here. That has not been my experience nor that of my friends.

i came to lititz w/ an open mind to try to build a new life...after hearing only one side of the picture here...not w/ some chip on my shoulder. Yeah...at first it was a seemingly nice little town surrounded by some picturesque countryside.
But then after attempting to connect w/ people here i found them to be selfish, rude, cold and uncaring...more concerned w/ where i was from than what kind of person i am. I have been treated like garbage for being a guy w/ long hair. Ya' know...
The 1950's mentality: I'm either gay or hopped up on drugs for being an individual (actually i'm a heterosexual musician).
I've been told i'm an alcoholic for drinking a beer...and i wear black clothing because i must be from the "dark side" and that i'd be prayed for...cause i'm surely going to hell for my fondness of classic rock music. Several of my vehicles have been keyed, smashed and after helping a woman out financially...(a local woman i dated for a few years)...she tried to steal my car...got me fired from my job...stole all my account info & some $...cheated on me...and threatened to have her friends cause me bodily harm if i made trouble for her!?!
Oh...i met her @ church. When i informed the church of what was going on...they told me in no uncertain terms...to go and find another church...ya' know...like i was somehow the problem
and the solution was to throw me out. This is the real picture of life here...cons and backstabbers...give it time...you'll see

Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,858 times
I'm sorry that has been your and others experience. It hasn't been mine or my family's. We are transplants into the area. I have a friend that visits frequently (who is gay), he has never had problems here.

Artisttia

Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 PM

I went to the Craft Show Saturday and heard TWO people refer to African- Americans as "homies"!

Pathetic.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 AM

27 posts, read 70,421 times
How is the Moravian Church in Litiz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania