Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,513 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I think I have been ghosting on here long enough and thought I should finally make a post on here!! I am currently living in FL (originally from NY state) and want to make a move back north. I miss the seasons! Anywho I thought about VA for a long time but it didn't seem to have the right feel to it. When driving through PA I think I had fallin in love! Now I am having a terrible time trying to figure out where exactly I want to relocate next year. I am figuring somewhere to the SE of PA (even NJ/MD). LOL I am hoping to avoid giant snow storms. Any help or suggestions would be great! *Update* I did try posting in the general PA form and this was suggested to me as a good place to see if anyone has suggestions!

When are you moving? 07/10
Where are you coming from? FL
Why are you moving? changing of the seasons, family, mountains, etc.
Where will you be working? I am currently a homemaker/companion for the elderly and would like to stay working with them and my husband is a security officer, so any place that offers jobs like that would be awsome!
Have you been here yet? just travelled through

Will you buy or rent? rent
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend? any is fine but would like a 2 bedroom under $600 a month
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up? um...anything?

Are you married or single? Do you have children? married with 1 child so schools would have to be important she would be going into first grade.
Do you prefer public or private schools? public
Do you have pets? yes, 2 cats
Do you want or need a yard? would like a yard but not important
Are you keeping a car? yes
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? a little mixture of both

What do you want to be closest to? I would like to be close to everything below (well maybe not so much the trains/subways)
Work
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)
Train or subway stations

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood? I would like a diverse neighborhood, open minded, and accepting.

Phillies, Pirates or Mets? Um...I don't watch sports but maybe Pirates...LOL arrrggghhhh...hahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania