Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 06:58 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

Im going to order me some tasty gobs from yost bakery on scalpe ave in johnstown. Has anyone had one lately ? The gobs have the sailor boy on the package & the icing in between the 2 round cakes is yellow. My step mom says she bought some gobs at trader joes in ca & i told her they arent the original gobs made in johnstown. She didnt grow up on gobs & even live in pa like i did. I havent had a gob since my aunt sent me some over 7 yrs ago. Im way overdue & i rarely treat myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 PM

139 posts, read 366,133 times
Default love gobs!

7 years, that is nothing. I haven't had a gob in 20 years--but I am planning to have one soon! I grew up on those too, and think about them often. You don't also happen to remember a pizza shop on about 6th Street in Indiana (near the old Phone Booth bar) that had the best sauce--I had my first seafood pizza there, and think about that sometimes, too (20 yrs ago or so also).

Old 10-18-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoss View Post
7 years, that is nothing. I haven't had a gob in 20 years--but I am planning to have one soon! I grew up on those too, and think about them often. You don't also happen to remember a pizza shop on about 6th Street in Indiana (near the old Phone Booth bar) that had the best sauce--I had my first seafood pizza there, and think about that sometimes, too (20 yrs ago or so also).
I have the email address of the owner. You can email & order online or call him. pm me if you want address.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:50 PM

8 posts, read 19,901 times
Ok, if you REEEEEAAAALLLYYY want a to-die-for gob, go to the Westwood Plaza Theatre and get one of their gobs! They are huge, home made, and you will wonder how you ever survived without one!!! LOL

Old 11-06-2009, 01:28 AM

I wrote to Rebecca Yost & heres what she said. Subject: GOBS From: *Rebecca Yost <gobsrus@gmail.com>
Thanks for your interest in our Gobs. The gobs are .89 each or $10.68 per dz. Shipping is extra and I use priority mail. To ship to CA the cheapest way to go is the flat rate box. I can ship up to 2dz in the $10.35 box and 3dz in the $13.95 box. They usually arrive in 2-3 days. I am not set up for credit cards but take check or money order. When I ship, I can include the invoice in the package or email the total to you. I usually ship Mon thru Weds. The Gobs are made the day I ship so they arrive as fresh as possible.
If you are interested in ordering, you can email me with the shipping info, your phone #, and the amount of product you would like. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
Hope to hear from you!
Becky Yost
PS* If you would rather call to place an order you can call 814-269-3931 and if no answer you can leave a message and I will get back to you.* Email orders are usually processed a little quicker though. The website is coming along slowly but surely.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:35 AM

Default Be Careful What You Wish For...

Rebecca might be surprised by how busy she gets from orders from here! I hope she is ready! Gotta go order...

Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,693 times
I understand that the yost outlet on scalp ave. closed sometime ago but; the gobs can be bought at just about any grocery store or mkt. in the area, when i am in the area i get mine at em's sub shop at the top of scalp ave. in richland twp. a half mile or so past the old yost store. i bring a couple dozen home with me each time.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,788 times
It was great finding info about the bakery in my home town! Sorry to hear they closed. But they must still have the bakery somewhere. I'm going to try the email and phone #. I was surprised to hear people talking about gobs because when I moved to southern Ca. over 20 years ago, no one here knew what they were. I too, have discovered the Whoopie Pies at Trader Joe's. They're the closest thing to Yost's Bakery so far. By the way, Scooter Pies are nothing like the Gobs from Johnstown, PA! Thanks for all the info. Isn't EM's on Scalp Avenue and Mayluth Road? I haven't been back since 1998 when I moved my parents out to CA.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:36 AM

No, that place on Scalp Ave has a sign in front that says you can order gobs for shipping, or something like that. I don't think it is closed.
Also, Em's is still on Scalp, I think, but they moved their bakery location downtown now, across from Central Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania