Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 PM

11 posts, read 24,003 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about York Town? Do any of you work at York or Maryland? Is the commute feasible to Maryland? Is there Public Transportation? My wife and I are looking for affordable housing, a safe and cultural area. An abundant job market is a plus! We are willing to commute to work no more then an hour each way. We are open to hear about any others areas you maybe familiar with. I need to escape NYC high rental prices, and taxes. This place is no longer affordable for the Middle Class worker. Times have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2006, 07:46 AM

158 posts, read 811,922 times
The first question is where are you going to work in Maryland? York isn't terribly far from the PA/MD border (maybe 30 minutes). York, the town itself, is not the best area. There are some nice burbs to the south, though...although I found York County to be even more conservative than Lancaster County.

You're in a rural area so wide-reaching public transit isn't going to be found.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:15 PM

11 posts, read 24,003 times
enviroman,

I’m not sure myself. I was asking about Maryland only because of the many job opportunities that are present. York Town seems to have affordable housing and not very far from Maryland. Any other areas you may suggest? Jobs are important, because most likely I will have to find a new job.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM

158 posts, read 811,922 times
When you say "York Town" I presume you mean the city of York, right? The one about 25 miles west of Lancaster?

Presuming you mean that York, let's see...

What sort of job are you looking for? Lancaster has jobs, but they are mostly blue collar. Lancaster's pay scale is fine considering the cost of living. Taxes are fairly low in both York and Lancaster county. Both are exceedingly safe outside of the actual cities.

But York's proximity to Maryland will probably have no bearing on your job search. York is too far from any city of importance in Maryland. You're more likely to find a job in York or Lancaster County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania