Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 PM

6 posts, read 7,189 times

Advertisements

I'm from Lafayette, living in the midwest temporarily (yuck!!!). Well, we won't be here forever. I'm thinking of relocating to Pcola for several reasons: beaches, local concerts regularly, big concerts sometimes, it's a historical town, it isn't south FL, and it seems to be kinda country while still being big and sprawled out (like Lafayette lol), and did I mention beaches??

I know it's a weird question but if anyone here has experience living in both Pensacola AND Lafayette, can you share any similarities/differences between the two?

Now Destin, I've gone there every year most of my life. But I quit going for one reason, HIGH RISES ON THE BEACH!! Some of them are so on the beach that the waves pretty much lap at the parking lots. I want access to beaches that actually HAVE beach access, and little beach bars and real beach houses. I wanna see some dunes and sky when I'm having a beach day, not looking at some hotel balcony covered in beach towels and floaties. I know it generates money, but it ruins the beach. How bad is this in Pensacola? Some condos are ok but wow, really Destin? They are practically in the water now! I know I'm just afraid to accept the fact that the Gulf's coastlines are eventually going to be completely blocked off from local people by big money resorts.

So our priorities in a place to live are live music and beaches, how original... I know

If everything pans out, I'm gonna fly down there this fall and check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
View detailed profiles of: