Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

We are driving from Dallas TX area to south of Sarasota FL in July with two pets--
My husband wants to make Mobile area and stay just 1 night on road...
I found what I think is good hotel in Spanish Fort/Daphne area just across bay from Mobile...
hotels in Pensacola aren't really pet friends--and ones that will take pet don't sound that appealing so think we will stop to spend night before the Panhandle...

Need idea of any rest stops--not truck stops--but more park type state sponsored stops along I-10 into Tallahassee...
I have tried to Google for info about them and it is more of a hassle than helpful...just lots of ads

In TX we have state sponsored rest stops with clean restrooms, drink machines and tables, with grass and shade so we can stop to eat and have pets out of car on leash along all of the major highways...but we haven't driven to FL in years so don't know status along I10 or I-75...

It is long drive from Daphne area to where we are going (south of Sarasota) and I know we will need to take break before we hit Lake City and turn south on 75...

If you can recommend any other places along I-10 like big convenience store to stop with pets that have some shade/grass...
our cat will probably not be out on leash but in a carrier--but if we can take him out into shaded area we don't have to keep the car running...

thanks for any suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM

815 posts, read 980,772 times
There are definitely rest areas all along I-10 in FL.
According to my road atlas, there seven rest areas between Pensacola and Tallahassee. There are an additional 2 rest areas between Tallahassee and I-75.
The ones I have used were clean and had lots of trees and shade.
There are also several rest areas along I-75.
FL has an abundance of nice rest areas, in my opinion.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Florida | Interstate Rest Areas

Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 AM

530 posts, read 2,625,323 times
There is a nice rest stop on I10 East across the Fla. line. There is some open space for your dog. Inside there is tourist info available and vending machines. It's not a huge "park" but there is open space. I know it's not that far from AL. Sorry I don't about other stops. Our family drives from New Orleans to Destin every year and we exit way before Tallahassee.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
There's a welcome center just before you get into Pensacola.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM

472 posts, read 547,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
There's a welcome center just before you get into Pensacola.
If you make it to the Florida welcome center as you cross into FL before I think 5pm, they serve up a fresh free cup of Florida orange juice to visitors. My kids used to look forward to that when we lived in Dallas and make the beach trek to the beach in Destin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola