Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:08 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
ew, as if I needed another reason to not like Pensacola lol.
Yes, you hate everywhere in FL except Miami. We know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yes, you hate everywhere in FL except Miami. We know.
lol, I don't think u do.
I like and enjoy most areas of FL.

I only moved to Miami 9 months ago and before that had lived all over this lovely state of ours.
Where u got that I only like Miami is beyond me, but so good of you to "put words in my mouth" on the internet.

I just completely agree with the OP, it's a fact regarding the pollution..... so, yeah, as if I needed another reason to not like Pensacola.....

Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELJHP View Post
So you two are saying that the 3 rd largest superfund site in the US , one which as far as I can tell was so large and costly it was simply "covered up" with huge tarps is a fairy tale ? Hmmm. The 5 year study carried out by Washington DC based Enviromental Working group that concluded pensacola fl had the worst drinking water in the entire US was simply a myth ? Hmmm. It is my opinion that it is not safe to raise a family here . You are free to your opinion as well . There is much much much more but I am done here. You two should take the boat out , catch a big mess of fish have a big ol fish fry , maybe with some sweet tea this weekend ....go on , you've earned it .

Lots of crap floating around the Internet, masquerading as facts.

Here's a fact. Google "EWG credibility" and you'll get 70,000+ hits.

Another fact. The EWG "report" states that no EPA violations were found for the Pensacola system since 2004. If so, how can it possibly be the worst system of some 48,000 systems in the country.

Another fact. The EWG "report" selects just 100 systems to rate. Out of 48,000.

Another fact. The Center for Environmental Diagnostics and Bioremediation at the University of West Florida says EWG's methodology was statistically flawed, its conclusions were invalid, and that the report was "bogus."

Don't live in Pensacola, so can't comment on the water's taste. But I'm not sure I'd be afraid to drink it based on fake facts.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:17 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill678 View Post
Lots of crap floating around the Internet, masquerading as facts.

Here's a fact. Google "EWG credibility" and you'll get 70,000+ hits.

Another fact. The EWG "report" states that no EPA violations were found for the Pensacola system since 2004. If so, how can it possibly be the worst system of some 48,000 systems in the country.

Another fact. The EWG "report" selects just 100 systems to rate. Out of 48,000.

Another fact. The Center for Environmental Diagnostics and Bioremediation at the University of West Florida says EWG's methodology was statistically flawed, its conclusions were invalid, and that the report was "bogus."

Don't live in Pensacola, so can't comment on the water's taste. But I'm not sure I'd be afraid to drink it based on fake facts.
EWG is not the only source of info about the extensive pollution in the area. Before you drink that water you may want to spend some more time with Google.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:32 AM

5 posts, read 17,511 times
I think EWG only tested the 100 largest facilities in the nation and Pensacola came in last . There are like 8 or 9 superfund sites in the area with one being the 3rd largest in the US. The Cluster Alliance.org has some info on elevated rates of cancer , birth defects , and low birth rates in the area , and that was a government study. Escambia county also has terrible air quality among the worst in the state . I have no agenda here just trying to inform.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 17,511 times
For what it's worth I don't think the EWG was concerned with violations as much as they were with the sheer number of toxins , heavy metals , and other crap in the drinking water.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 28,741 times
I am visiting West, Monroe Louisiana for the week. The hotel water smells like sulfur and is very slick. You can feel a film on your skin when showering. My childrens hair, hours after their bath smells like sulfur. We are staying at the #1 hotel on trip advisor in town. Now THAT is some water I would not drink. Traveling all across the country I've never seen or smelt anything like this!

Old 06-07-2015, 11:43 PM

153 posts, read 226,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELJHP View Post
You are free to your opinion as well . There is much much much more but I am done here.
You never got started. Therefore, I will not waste time with your gibberish.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:28 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
the panhandle is the best part of FL. the people are so friendly compared to other areas. some people who move here seem to think that the only great areas of FL are where they can gret the perfect bagel, or is ultra liberal, which somehow is suppsed to mean better.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:08 PM

123 posts, read 334,067 times
Not sure what planet this guy is from. I moved here a year ago and love the area. I can tell you that the water out in Pace, FL is very clean and the only thing that darkens the skies around here is the occasional rainstorm we get. I think that this guy has some axe to grind and wants to scare people from moving here which is a shame as this is such a nice place to live. If you want some pollution and gray skies all the time perhaps you should move to Illinois (aka ObamaLand).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola