Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,496 times

Advertisements

I may be moving my wife and 8 year old son to Pensacola in next few months for a promotion. We just got back from spending 5 days in the area and loved it. It appears the best places to live (with schools) is pace, milton, cantonment, and for a little more gulf breeze... couple questions

1) my job is good. My wife is an accountant and makes good money here in Dallas. Best places to search for employment for her??
2) is cost of insurance going to be astronomical in Gulf breeze versus the other 3 locations listed above located north of I10??
3) we are looking at new and old homes. Is there a "best" new home builder in the area or someone that can be recommended?
4) Any other information that you guys would like to offer that may help my decision...

Appreciate all the feedback in advance!!!!
-Jake from Texas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 05:01 PM

20 posts, read 55,467 times
This state website collects data from many other sites like "indeed" and worked well for me.

https://www.employflorida.com/vosnet/Default.aspx

Old 09-14-2016, 03:27 PM

123 posts, read 333,837 times
Schools are a big issue down here as Escambia Co schools are not rated as high as Santa Rosa Co schools. Because of schools there has been a migration of people from the Pensacola area to Pace to take advantage of the better education for their children. Because of this migration there has been a lot of building going on and additional subdivisions are being added as well. I purchased a home in Pace about 3 years ago and we love the area but we figured that with the demand it was a better investment then moving to other areas.

As far as your wife is concerned she might want to check out Navy Federal Credit Union. Huge complex employing hundreds of people.

Homeowners insurance can be quite expensive down here and most of the major carriers like Allstate won't even write a new policy down here. The main thing you need to check out is the insurance carrier's rating on AMBEST.COM. If they don't have an "A" rating then some lending institutions won't accept that policy as sufficient coverage for a mortgage loan. Also the closer you are to the coast the more expensive the policy and that's another reason for considering Pace as most of the subdivisions are inland and will cost you a bit less. Car insurance is another story as all of the major carriers like State Farm and Allstate are outrageous in terms of cost. GEICO is the #1 selling carrier in the state of Florida but if I were you I would check out Florida Farm Bureau for both Auto and Home. You have to pay $40 a year in Farm Bureau which isn't great but if you buy auto and home you get a multiline discount that more or less covers that costs. I saved quite a bit by going with them and so far I'm satisfied with their service.

As for as builders go you're going to find that most of the subdivisions that have lots available are thru corporate builders like Adams Homes, D R Horton and a few others. Not to say you can't find a lot and a private builder but you're going to have to hunt for both of you want to go that route.

When you're looking for a home I would check out the Evacuation Zone and see if where you're wanting to buy or build is in or not in a zone. Here's the link for Santa Rosa County. Find your Evac Zone: Santa Rosa County, FL

Old 09-15-2016, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,496 times
Moondoggy51 appreciate all the information!!! Just to get an idea. In Pace approx what do you pay for homeowners insurance a year since we are looking in that area... If you don't want to share I 100% respect that....

Old 11-19-2016, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,984 times
Your wife will enjoy a career at Lakeview Center, they have openings for accounting positions. Go to elakeviewcenter.org? also do a google search and sites like indeed.com

Old 11-21-2016, 10:13 AM

123 posts, read 333,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobley81 View Post
Moondoggy51 appreciate all the information!!! Just to get an idea. In Pace approx what do you pay for homeowners insurance a year since we are looking in that area... If you don't want to share I 100% respect that....
My home is new construction and is 3 years old and it runs me just over $1K per year through the Florida Farm Bureau. I think that this rate is due primarily because I live substantially inland from the coast outside the hurricane evacuation zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola