U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:07 AM

12,636 posts, read 28,050,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMedic View Post
I am in the same situation , I am looking to relocate to the Pensacola / Talahassee area. Wondering how the housing market is and or rent.
I am also a Paramedic so I would be looking for 911 with a county system to work in.
Thanks
My spouse was a paramedic for Escambia County EMS for awhile. I can tell you the pay is low, and you may work in Pensacola or they may stick you up in podunk Century. He got out of doing that type of work, although he still keeps his license valid.

Housing varies, obviously if you go north into more rural areas (where I live) it gets cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 05:44 PM
TD*

1,459 posts, read 2,811,759 times
Boston come to Tallahassee

Old 01-29-2018, 04:52 PM

181 posts, read 351,930 times
Im trying..................lol

Old 03-24-2018, 02:50 PM

19 posts, read 3,947 times
Rent first.
Tons of work. I love it here.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:40 PM

531 posts, read 376,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMedic View Post
I am in the same situation , I am looking to relocate to the Pensacola / Talahassee area. Wondering how the housing market is and or rent.
I am also a Paramedic so I would be looking for 911 with a county system to work in.
Thanks
We're looking around this area and other Florida coastal communities. Right now prices are high. We have some time and will wait for prices to go down. Pretty sure they will sometime in the next few years.
Definitely would not buy now unless we had to.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:18 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,442,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnova View Post
We're looking around this area and other Florida coastal communities. Right now prices are high. We have some time and will wait for prices to go down. Pretty sure they will sometime in the next few years.
Definitely would not buy now unless we had to.
Yeah...don't hold your breath on them going down. Unless there is another major economic crisis. And/or a really bad hurricane! That tends to drive the coastal homes down. As long as the vacation rental market holds steady, the ones really close to the beaches will rise. It will depend on the area you are looking at. If there is an overbuilding of new homes, that will drive the sale of existing homes down a bit, but if the area is built up as far as it can go, and is desirable, they will rise. That is a huge factor when an area is surrounded by water and military reservations...limited space to grow.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:50 PM

531 posts, read 376,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Yeah...don't hold your breath on them going down. Unless there is another major economic crisis. And/or a really bad hurricane! That tends to drive the coastal homes down. As long as the vacation rental market holds steady, the ones really close to the beaches will rise. It will depend on the area you are looking at. If there is an overbuilding of new homes, that will drive the sale of existing homes down a bit, but if the area is built up as far as it can go, and is desirable, they will rise. That is a huge factor when an area is surrounded by water and military reservations...limited space to grow.
Would you have made the same statement before the last crash? Not going to hold my breath, but I'll bet that the RE market in FL will sink again. When will it happen, next year, three years from now. Who knows exactly.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:08 AM

12,636 posts, read 28,050,353 times
Quote:
Would you have made the same statement before the last crash? Not going to hold my breath, but I'll bet that the RE market in FL will sink again. When will it happen, next year, three years from now. Who knows exactly.
The panhandle is not the same as the peninsula, it isnít affected by the crashes as badly since the population isnít as high.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,442,345 times
Quote:
Well yes..if it had occurred to me (any of us) that such an event could actually happen. Will I always be thinking about it happening again, sure. As I stated if "another major economic crisis" were to occur. Did anyone know that one was going to happen, not the average buyer. Will we see the next one coming, not likely. Will it be caused by the same scenarios? I would hope not. And I say that as someone who owned three properties in the area. I just rented them out, rode it out and sold at a profit.

Because, as above poster stated, this particular area is a little bit different from other parts of FL. A lot of people that move here, are in fact "stationed" here, so they can't choose to not come if the prices are higher. Perhaps they will rent rather than purchase, but since the other factors in the area are favorable (weather, jobs after retirement, good schools, access to medical, military facilities) many do buy, and as we have limited land, we have limited homes.

As for a massive hurricane hitting the area...that will drive the 2nd home buyers away for awhile, until they forget. Right now, with interest rates rising, that will affect who is buying, not necessarily the price of the homes.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 AM

6,935 posts, read 14,623,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post

Because, as above poster stated, this particular area is a little bit different from other parts of FL. A lot of people that move here, are in fact "stationed" here, so they can't choose to not come if the prices are higher. Perhaps they will rent rather than purchase, but since the other factors in the area are favorable (weather, jobs after retirement, good schools, access to medical, military facilities) many do buy, and as we have limited land, we have limited homes.
x2. While the higher end vacation home market definitely took a hit here in the last bad housing downturn, the under $250K market remained surprisingly strong. Ft. Walton Beach has long been one of the most expensive housing markets in central and north Florida in both boom and bust if you look at median sales prices for single family homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or