U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2018, 11:45 AM
 
183 posts, read 73,477 times
Reputation: 101

Advertisements

I visited Pensacola in August. I'm a tourist to many, many places and actually placed Pensacola on my list. Well, my visit went sound when everyone's mood was killing by the police harassing us about the tint on the windows of my OUT-OF-STATE vehicle...Well, I became suspicious that Pensacola might be militant, pushes its police force to drive revenue as opposed to protect and serve, and that it despises outsiders.
I never did drop the issue.

I asked locals about the police presence and they said that there were occasions in which they were stopped for trivial reasons or none at all...Well, after getting affirmation from them, I researched and learned that they are guilty of doing things such as breaking-and-entering through folk's windows without search warrants and other grimy things...Tell the TRUTH:

If Pensacola another money-grubbing town that wants to denigrate and push out the poor and welcome the elite who bring more tax dollars and economic growth? Is Pensacola the type of place to strong-arm money out of tourists because they care more about the dollar than their reputation???
What is the REAL Pensacola? Am I mistaken? If so, how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2018, 01:02 PM
 
183 posts, read 73,477 times
Reputation: 101
It's astonishing that 12 people viewed this post and didn't say anything. *sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM
 
1,076 posts, read 328,008 times
Reputation: 879
Don't know about that, but having grown up in Mobile, have been to Pensacola many times. Other than beaches, never impressed me. Lots of run-down houses, trailers, bars, pawn shops, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 01:41 PM
 
1,207 posts, read 2,443,329 times
Reputation: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
It's astonishing that 12 people viewed this post and didn't say anything. *sigh*
Well are you moving here? Coming back? or just trying to get a raise out of people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 03:16 PM
 
183 posts, read 73,477 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Well are you moving here? Coming back? or just trying to get a raise out of people?
I visited and I don't know how to tell my friends without insulting them that I despise the da*n place and don't wanna return
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
 
1,207 posts, read 2,443,329 times
Reputation: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
I visited and I don't know how to tell my friends without insulting them that I despise the da*n place and don't wanna return
Well you just answered your own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 PM
 
183 posts, read 73,477 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
Well you just answered your own question.
Not technically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Erie, PA
1,587 posts, read 596,904 times
Reputation: 3221
Last time I was in Pensacola was back in 1991, when I had the freedom of the road as a traveling visual merchandiser. Darn, miss that job, lol.

Anyhow, I remember there being a ton of little tourist stores there where one could buy souvenirs. It also seemed like there was a lot of income disparity as well though that's the case in a lot of areas. The people were very friendly though and were happy to give directions since it was a first time that I was doing the Florida route for a co-worker who was on sick leave.

I did get pulled over in Pensacola and the police wanted to know why I had all of the signs and CDs in my car so I had to explain what I was doing and who I worked for. They then wanted to search the car...so two more police cars showed up and walked down to the ocean as the cops went through my car. They lost track of me because I heard them start to shout at each other then start yelling "Miss!" They thought that I was trying to run away and wanted to know where I had been. I told them that I simply was hanging out by the ocean as they searched and showed them where I would be hanging out at. They went back to searching but sent a cop to hang around and watch me.

It was an interesting time in Pensacola

My subsequent visits to Pensacola were much less eventful though. I didn't have any more curious police and drove around the city without being stopped.

Sorry to hear about your experiences though. It might just have been a single bad experience this time; as I've said it's been so long since I've been there. Maybe give it another chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 PM
 
183 posts, read 73,477 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
Last time I was in Pensacola was back in 1991, when I had the freedom of the road as a traveling visual merchandiser. Darn, miss that job, lol.

Anyhow, I remember there being a ton of little tourist stores there where one could buy souvenirs. It also seemed like there was a lot of income disparity as well though that's the case in a lot of areas. The people were very friendly though and were happy to give directions since it was a first time that I was doing the Florida route for a co-worker who was on sick leave.

I did get pulled over in Pensacola and the police wanted to know why I had all of the signs and CDs in my car so I had to explain what I was doing and who I worked for. They then wanted to search the car...so two more police cars showed up and walked down to the ocean as the cops went through my car. They lost track of me because I heard them start to shout at each other then start yelling "Miss!" They thought that I was trying to run away and wanted to know where I had been. I told them that I simply was hanging out by the ocean as they searched and showed them where I would be hanging out at. They went back to searching but sent a cop to hang around and watch me.

It was an interesting time in Pensacola

My subsequent visits to Pensacola were much less eventful though. I didn't have any more curious police and drove around the city without being stopped.

Sorry to hear about your experiences though. It might just have been a single bad experience this time; as I've said it's been so long since I've been there. Maybe give it another chance?
Wow! That was BEFORE I was even born. Sounds like they may have always had this issue. I will share this with my partner and see what feedback I get. You poor thing. Nobody likes to be scrutinized while minding their own business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 AM
 
Location: Florida
3,815 posts, read 1,785,233 times
Reputation: 5053
Pensacola is the redneck Riviera so small town logic = small town police....but really how dark tinted were your windows?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top