U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:50 AM

259 posts, read 487,474 times

Advertisements

I've read the threads from 2010-2011 concerning Hammock Bay. Of course those are out dated. So any people on this Forum who have current information concerning this development?

Or for that matter any other developments that would be comparable?

We are contemplating a move to the area. We are in our first year of retirement and my husband wants warmer weather, easy access to the beach (during low season). We would prefer easy access to biking, walking trails. Single level homes.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 10:06 AM

8,885 posts, read 17,439,575 times
Steady moderate pace growth over there now. Publix opened up a while back, though there's not a ton going on other than Hammock Bay and Publix. Freeport 'works' as long as the middle class is largely priced out of the South Walton beach area proper, and that's the current state of things.

I'd have a look at maybe the Breakfast Point development in Panama City Beach- not as big but close to a bunch of walking and biking options and closer to medical care and such. If you're up for some remodeling, the Bluewater Bay part of Niceville might also work.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 PM

Thanks beachmouse.

I wouldn't move to PCB or Bay county if someone paid me $10,000,000.00 tax free, even for a day...much less in retirement.

I'm hoping for a bit more feed back about Freeport and Hammock Bay

Old 02-21-2018, 10:11 PM

51 posts, read 172,491 times
My husband and I are also interested in Hammock Bay. I've been doing a lot of research but there is one thing I can't find. We currently own a home close to Keaton Beach and we have Noseeums(Sand Flies/Sand Gnats) at our house, like A LOT of them! I hate those things!! Is this something that will be an issue IN Hammock Bay around the houses? I know they will be some places, like the beach, I just would like to know if they will be a problem around the house. Thank you!!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 AM

1,390 posts, read 2,893,546 times
Noseeums or midges seem to be more plentiful as you move east in the NW Fl area. Bay county is considered more sub-tropical than Walton county. The soil is more moist, even away from the beach. Freeport sits in between...with lots of trees, which keeps the soil wet. In Niceville, they aren't as bad as when we lived in Lynn Haven over in Bay county. About 100 times worse. So I would expect them in Hammock Bay, and make sure you have screened porches!

Old 04-30-2018, 07:40 AM

My opinion of Hammock bay now that i’ve seen it for myself.

Beautifully designed planned community which may have been great to buy into when they first started building as lots were a reasonable size. Now building lots are postage sized, home quality and design were questionable at best when I looked at new construction.

Trying to drive over was a long drawn out affair. An hour and a half taking back roads the first time and the same on the return taking 98 this was with the realtor. I traveled on my own a few days later trying to decide between homes, it took as long getting there and two plus hours getting back. Coming from the greater Seattle area, I don’t mind driving if I’m make some sort of progress.

Given the location, IMHO as a Real Estate Broker these homes are over priced for the area.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:21 AM

4 posts, read 3,754 times
Everything is overpriced for the area because of the values of South Walton.

Have you looked at Mexico Beach?

Old 05-17-2018, 12:56 PM

42 posts, read 33,281 times
South Walton 6th fastest county in the country...sad. just throwing huge over priced houses up.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 879 times
As a 3 year resident of Hammock Bay in Freeport Fl, what many of you may not be aware of is how great this small city is. The people here are amazing! Yes, the lots are getting smaller, the prices are going up, the schools are crowded, and yes, we have to drive to Niceville or Santa Rosa Beach to get a decent meal. But we have an amazing Mayor who is working hard to bring new business and jobs to the area, we have one of the nicest Veterans Memorials I've seen, especially for a small town, all constructed with donations from the goos people of Freeport. If you are looking for a small-town feel, where people look out for each other maybe give Freeport another shot. The people of Freeport have made this Yankee feel right at home😎

Old 11-19-2019, 07:40 AM

1,305 posts, read 910,785 times
What is hilarious to me is seeing the values so high down there, in all areas. I lived there from 2010-2013 and man, you could get any real estate you wanted (especially during the oil spill fake crisis). Guess it's just a matter of getting older and actually seeing these things with your own eyes, in order to believe. I wish I had bought more real estate than I did, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola