Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 09:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,758 times

Advertisements

We are relocating and most of the time we have to go on a sight unseen type of deal. We need a decent rental that wont break the bank, and not be in a bad area. I can only rely on what I find on here and with surfing the web.....Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 06:08 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,575 times
Most of Pensacola is nice. Your concern about the ghetto wont be a problem as Pensacola has very few areas that are considered ghetto and nothing at all like the ghettos found in large cities. There was only 1 murder in Pensacola last year and zero the year before.
A casual conversation here might consist of talking about what makes you angry. This is Trump country so bring your MAGA hat.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:56 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Most of Pensacola is nice. Your concern about the ghetto wont be a problem as Pensacola has very few areas that are considered ghetto and nothing at all like the ghettos found in large cities. There was only 1 murder in Pensacola last year and zero the year before.
A casual conversation here might consist of talking about what makes you angry. This is Trump country so bring your MAGA hat.
Have you been in the 'Alphabet street' area of Pensacola at any point in the past ten years? Still not a place you want to be unless you know exactly who you're seeing and where you're going. And I've seen broad daylight drug deals on Hayne Street (runs next to I-110) not too long ago.

I actually don't think that Pensacola is a bad city and I find a lot to like about it despite its politics, but the city proper is also one of the poorest in Florida and there are places within it that have some pretty serious issues. But as I live 50 miles east of there, I don't know enough neighborhood by neighborhood info to feel like I can give detailed info right now.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:04 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Pensacola is a great smaller city. Had dinner downtown last night. It was great. Sure, like any other city in the country, it has its poorer neighborhoods, but poorer does not equate with dangerous. Oh, and you don't need a MAGA hat to find wonderful folks!

Old 01-31-2020, 10:13 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,331,319 times
All you have to do is follow the news to know that crime is high in Pensacola. The reason there is only 1 murder recorded for last year is because the city limits is very small. Look up Escambia County for more accurate crime statistics. And yes, there are plenty of low income areas and lots of drug activity.

Here are a couple of websites showing the crime rates as well areas with lowest crime:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 02-05-2020 at 01:50 AM..

Old 02-06-2020, 08:26 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Have you been in the 'Alphabet street' area of Pensacola at any point in the past ten years? Still not a place you want to be unless you know exactly who you're seeing and where you're going. And I've seen broad daylight drug deals on Hayne Street (runs next to I-110) not too long ago.

I actually don't think that Pensacola is a bad city and I find a lot to like about it despite its politics, but the city proper is also one of the poorest in Florida and there are places within it that have some pretty serious issues. But as I live 50 miles east of there, I don't know enough neighborhood by neighborhood info to feel like I can give detailed info right now.
The gem streets (Opal, Ruby, etc) are pretty ghetto too, as well as the state streets. Most of the Brent area is rough too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola