Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2023, 04:29 PM

27 posts, read 24,582 times

Advertisements

Planning to relocate to either Brevard County or Pensacola. I have visited both before but only for about a week in each. I really loved how Brevard County had such crisp air, not horrible humidity, great weather, everything looked really nice and sunny. The air quality is very important to me. I dont like when it feels like you cant breathe because of the dense humidity.

I know that Pensacola, being in the gulf, has more of that dense air feeling but I dont think its year-round, is it? Just in certain seasons like when it rains really heavily in the heat? I loved Pensacola's beaches more than Brevard, I think. Water seemed clearer and the sand was whiter.

Then again when I went to Brevard's beach it was at night so maybe I'm wrong, but usually east coast beaches have darker water and not as soft sand. Pensacola probably has a higher chance of getting hit by a hurricane though, I'm assuming. But its also cheaper so I can find a better house that is slightly more affordable than Brevard.

I work from home & self employed so employment opportunities aren't really a concern of mine in either area. Mostly concerned about how nice people are in a certain area, the weather/air, the beach quality, and generally just having random fun things to do around town like coffee shops, great restaurants, cool bars, festivals maybe? Nice shopping centers. That kind of thing.

Also curious about dating prospects in both areas. Not sure if it differs.

Single female, no kids. 30s. Please let me know which area you think is better and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 04:43 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Winter can be pretty humid with not much of a gap between air temperatures and dew points. There can be a surprising number of winter days when I’d describe it as ‘clammy’ when the dew point is 55F and the air temperature is 61F. Spring is typically the dryest season fro ma humidity standpoint, though you can get some serious spring rainstorms like the one about ten years back when we got 24 inches of rain in 36 hours because a front stalled out.

Old 03-02-2023, 07:53 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Pensacola does have a wetter climate than Brevard. You're correct that it also has a higher hurricane risk. Pensacola also has more variance in temperature; for example the winters are typically colder, though sub freezing temperatures are fairly rare.

The beaches in Pensacola are nicer to me, but that's more a matter of personal opinion.

Depending on your budget, I believe you'll get a little more for your money in Pensacola in terms of housing, but everything is high everywhere.

If you're a SC native, you may feel a little more at home in Pensacola, as it's not as full of northeastern transplants as is Brevard County.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:00 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,753,710 times
I enjoyed living in the Panhandle, especially in the extended autumn weather and gorgeous blooming spring. Dogwoods growing wild are like a masterpiece painting. There is so much beauty in the panhandle inland, and to walk the Natural Seashore Beach is so soft and white like super fine sugar.

Have you researched discussing with any TV Meteorologist? Most have FB pages, Twitter, social media -
are social people. I met one sitting next to me, getting his hair trimmed before going on a live video! Funny - I thought he looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Anyways, reach out to any one of them. They study the entire state of Florida. And, who knows, maybe one is single? Imagine that - your favorite topic "humidity" to share common grounds. And the Hurricane Alley too.

I've passed through Pensacola a few times but not enough to give feedback. However, this would apply to any city, town or County. The further inland you go away from the water, the higher the standards of living for the dollar value. Research with real estate agents as well.

You have so much to consider. Do you have a dependable car or being single, should you lease a new car?

We have the Seafood Festivals. If you can, hit them all! Follow them on the weekends in autumn. There's a Possum Festival. Follow the men hunting season, shop for T-shirts in sporting goods stores for eligible bachelors. Or have coffee at the local joe shop where they meet for breakfast, or afterward for lunch. Or work a few hours at the coffee shop to get to know the local and free men in your area.
We have the Strawberry Festival in March

Festivals in Florida

Escambia County Information Looking for public transportation ... Buses to plan your day.

Have you gone for another visit to Florida?

Old 02-11-2024, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 969 times
weather is better and closer to 4 seasons in Panhandle than anywhere else in FL. I lived in Orlando for a year before relocating to Pensacola area. Let me know if you are interested in buying a home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola