U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 AM

87 posts, read 155,619 times

Advertisements

Hello

I am Andy Swinnen from the Netherlands .
I recently adopted a grave of a soldier from WW2

We caretakers of the graves at the Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial ( Margraten ) are the ones who will see to it that the men and women buried there will not be forgotten

I go there often with my wife and childern to see that their graves are well being taken care for.
I always put flowers on their graves.

I now have internet and i am trying to find out as much as possible about him but its very hard to find anything about him.
Wade T. Brunson was on the same aircraft ( Maid to order B-17 ) as "my " soldier and these two men didnt survived the crash.
I would like to know everything about him so i can explane it to my childern who s in that grave and what kind of man it was.
Now i am always looking at his grave and try to imagine who he was

I am trying the find a face or story behind the grave of this brave men, but i run out of help
So i hope i am at the right adress.

Its about S/Sgt Wade T. Brunson from Waco Mc lennan Texas who was born in 1925 and died in a plane crash on Febr 16, 1945 in the Netherlands

I realy hope you can help me or know someone else.

Thank you very much

Greetings, Andy Swinnen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM

842 posts, read 1,979,826 times
Hey, Andy,
I think that is so nice. I've started working on your request. If I get the information, I'll get it back to you.

Susan

Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 PM

Hello Susan

Thank you very much.
I found this on internet : Waco , Texas , Travis county
517 South Third Street
Waco Texas

Born in 1925 and enlisted on 30 july 1943 and he did 1 year of highschool

I hope that will help

Andy

Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Wade T. Bruson

Hi Andy,
I just sent you a private message containing the 1920 and 1930 Census that Wade T. Bruson and his family members were on. I have also sent you his military records.
Marion, a very nice person, and an excellent researcher, was kind enough to look these up for you. Marion will also be sending along a family member obituary soon. I will forwarded it by e-mail when I receive it.
Again, I think it is wonderful what you are doing, when the family members are so far away and cannot do it themselves.

Susan

Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM

Hi Andy,
Marion sent me a copy of Wade's brother's obituary. I have forwarded it to you by private message. He died in 2005. One of Wade's brothers and 4 of his sisters survived Donald.

Susan

Old 06-30-2007, 03:13 PM

Well , all came to a good end, thanks to Susan.
I am now in contact with family of Wade Brunson, its great.

This could not happened without the best help of Susan.

Thanks you all

Andy

Old 01-06-2008, 06:08 PM

I made a website about Wade and "my" other soldiers I adopted

Remember our heroes

Its in Dutch and also English

Andy

Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,487 times
Default Possible Contact

I just spent the past 3 months in Maastricht and started doing some WWII research. Contact[SIZE=2] Frank J.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Jasek. He's a research librarian at Baylor University who is writing a book about Baylor Alumni (of which Wade Brunson was) who have been killed in combat. He might be able to tell you something helpful.[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinny View Post
Hello

I am Andy Swinnen from the Netherlands .
I recently adopted a grave of a soldier from WW2

We caretakers of the graves at the Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial ( Margraten ) are the ones who will see to it that the men and women buried there will not be forgotten

I go there often with my wife and childern to see that their graves are well being taken care for.
I always put flowers on their graves.

I now have internet and i am trying to find out as much as possible about him but its very hard to find anything about him.
Wade T. Brunson was on the same aircraft ( Maid to order B-17 ) as "my " soldier and these two men didnt survived the crash.
I would like to know everything about him so i can explane it to my childern who s in that grave and what kind of man it was.
Now i am always looking at his grave and try to imagine who he was

I am trying the find a face or story behind the grave of this brave men, but i run out of help
So i hope i am at the right adress.

Its about S/Sgt Wade T. Brunson from Waco Mc lennan Texas who was born in 1925 and died in a plane crash on Febr 16, 1945 in the Netherlands

I realy hope you can help me or know someone else.

Thank you very much

Greetings, Andy Swinnen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search