U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 AM

1,974 posts, read 2,721,445 times

Advertisements

About a year after I posted on this site, Ostfriesen Genealogical Society of America - Genealogy for Ostfriesland, Germany , I received a reply from a man in Germany that has led me to a world of information on my ancestors dating back to the 1600's. I am lucky. He charges me nothing to do the research for me. I had no idea at the time what section of Germany that my ancestors were from. I took a shot and it worked. Good luck to everyone searching for information.

It might help to know that my ancestors were from Northwest Germany, in the city of Hagen area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,923 times
Dear Melanie,
I am contacting you for my brother. He left Afghanistan Almost 14 years before for Germany. It is now four years that he has no contacts with us. I have no idea where is he if he is fine or not if he is in jail, if he is sick in any problem or what.
My old parents are very worried for him. We just know one of his friends who is not much likely to look for him.
His name in Germany is Parweez or Parwiz or Pawez and his last name is Ibadi. He is from Afghanistan and he is around 37 years of age. Last time we know he was in Anglo State.
You can contact me in maryamdedar@gmail.com
I hope you will be able to help us. Thank you very much in advance!

Old 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,951,045 times
maryamdedar You might want to click on her name and send her a direct message since she hasn't been on here in a while.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,098 times
I am looking for a Helmuth Peter Klemer who was from Munich ,he attended Santa Monica Jnr college I'n California 1961 or1962. His birthday isAug 16 1942 or 1941. He has two brothers Gerhard and Rolfe. My name I's Maureen and I would love to talk to him again.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
Hi Melanie. I am Monika. And I would love for you to find a really good friend of mine. I haven't been in touch with him for four years and I would really like to talk to him again. His name is Devin Schmidt. He lives in Germany but I am not quite sure where. He is 22 yrs. Old and was born on August 10 1991. If you could please help me and you would have my thanks.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:01 PM

11 posts, read 6,949 times
Melanie I was stationed in Koblenz, Germany from 1958 until June 1959. During that time I met a very nice girl named Margaret Weinand. She wanted to visit the U.S. and I gave her my parents address and after corresponding with my mother she arrived in October 1960. She was 19 years old at the time. She would be 72 years old today. She returned to Germany about 3 months later. Unfortunately I was working in Shemya, Alaska when she was here. My, mother, who is now dead, corresponded with her until Margaret told her she was getting married. After that my mother did not hear from her. My mom thought she may have moved to Canada after she married. She had a younger sister who I believe was named Lydia. Mom's papers were destroyed after her death so I do not have her address in Koblenz. Before coming to the U.S. she was employed by the West German government as a typist. I do know that after she graduated from high school she attended a commercial school for 6 months. I would very much like to establish contact with her again. You can contact me at cghatcher@hotmail.com Thanks, Gene

Old 11-20-2013, 12:24 PM

11 posts, read 6,949 times
Some additional info regarding my original post that may be of some help. She had an older sister named Barbel who had a daughter named Simone. Simone was probably born in 1964. I believe her father was a truck driver. I know that Margaret was in Spain around November 1964 on vacation with her mother, father and sister Lydia. I do not know if she was married at that time. Also she had a best friend named Helga that moved to Florida around 1964. This info comes from some pictures she sent to my mom that I recently discovered my sister had. I am planning a trip to Germany this summer and plan on visiting Koblenz. I would be very happy if I could see Margaret.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,923 times
MrBillM, thanks for your reply. How could I send her a direct email?

Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 14,889,843 times
maryamdedar:

Click and look here at this image. Click on your own user name and it allows you to see that you accept messages. You do not accept e-mails through City Data it seems.

Then go to Melanie's user name on this thread and click on her user name and you see she does not accept e-mails either. You'll see a link to click and send her a message.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
How to find people in GERMANY - TIPS-untitledpeople....jpg  

Old 12-24-2013, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,634 times
Melanie I am a co-worker of Birgit Luebke who worked for Hewlett Packard in Boeblingen Germany in the 1980s and 1990s. I don't know her married name, just her maiden name of Luebke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search