Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,516 times

Advertisements

My name is Fermin J Gutierrez. With the upcoming anniversary of President John F Kennedys assassination in Dallas I have come to own some vhs and dvds about that occasion. I believe President Kennedy would have been voted back into the White House. In my videos of JFK There is an interesting media man named Earl J Watson. He interviewed Abraham Zapruder and the Newmans. I have read some of the posts on this website and it has some things about Mr. Watson. I was interested to know where is Mr. Watson buried? No mention about him in Wilkipedia or any bios of his career. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,172 times
JayneSW: I just now found this string. I looked up information about your father because he was a very dear friend of my father's as well as his most treasured professional relationship while they worked together in Detroit st the Storer station. I cried when I saw the footage of father during the Kennedy assasination because he meant so much to my father. I always loved seeing Jay when I came home to visit my parents. They worked together in Detroit. I don't know if you'll ever see this post. Here's hoping...

Old 05-25-2016, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,992 times
Who are you and why are you looking for information on my father? Round about way? Sounds to me like you're hoping to get some attention by pretending to be related. Otherwise it should be obvious why someone would want to research a man that was at the center of possibly the biggest tragedy in our country. Use your brain

Old 01-24-2022, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 879 times
I am Jay Watson’s daughter and I live in Tucson AZ. I would be happy to communicate any information to his friends or former colleagues. The rude person is my estranged sister. She does appear to not use her brain.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:29 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydf55 View Post
I am Jay Watson’s daughter and I live in Tucson AZ. I would be happy to communicate any information to his friends or former colleagues. The rude person is my estranged sister. She does appear to not use her brain.

Welcome to city-data. Unfortunately, the OP (original poster) who was using your fathers name, Jay Watson, was banned around 2015. I'm unsure who lilybird is, who also appears to want to connect with your family, they posted back in 2013. I will try to message them to see if they will come back here.

I'm sorry for your loss. Looks like you recently had his 20 year "deathiversary:". I lost my dad 16 years ago, the 15 year deathiversary hit me really hard. I imagine his 20 will too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I am new to the Tuscon forum, but have used city-data for my home city. Does anyone remember Earl Jay Watson ( I'm using his name as my user-name to get people to read this post) he died in Tuscon in 2001. I'm asking about him because of his legacy not in Tuscon, but in my hometown of Dallas TX where he worked as a program director in the 1960s at our local news station WFAA TV ( an affiliate of ABC). He made his mark at WFAA with his reporting on the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963. He was an eyewitness to the assassination, and after he realized what had happened, he ran from Dealey Plaza to the television studio to report the event to the city. I have contacted the station as well as made inquires to people in Dallas who might have information, but so far have come up with nothing except that he died in Tuscon in 2001. Apparently his wife Jean is still alive and currently lives in Tuscon. If anyone knew him or has any information on his career in broadcasting please post here. I myself am still left with many questions. What did he do after he left WFAA? What other stations did he work for?

Thanks again for all your help!

JH
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybird View Post
JayneSW: I just now found this string. I looked up information about your father because he was a very dear friend of my father's as well as his most treasured professional relationship while they worked together in Detroit st the Storer station. I cried when I saw the footage of father during the Kennedy assasination because he meant so much to my father. I always loved seeing Jay when I came home to visit my parents. They worked together in Detroit. I don't know if you'll ever see this post. Here's hoping...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search