U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM

5 posts, read 10,703 times

Advertisements

MOderator: Genealogy is the persuit of ancestors; not the living nor recently deceased.

[LEFT]hi, i'm looking for my grandma, my mother's bioglogical mother. Her name is ilse Wilhelmine Brunsfeld(maiden last name) from germany and once married to edmund eberhard scholz also from germany. She is somewheres near omaha, nebraska i believe! She is 86 years old and i've searched extensively and nothing. My uncle's ex wife found her once through the mental institution records because she had a nervous breakdown and than my grandpa took the kids away(my mother...etc), so if their is anybody who can check these records for me so i can find where she is living, i will greatly appreciate it. I believe it's most difficult because she was remarried and no longer has this maiden last name, not to mention the records of her probably got destroyed during ww2 is my only guess when i checked ancestry.com, their was nothing that we could get a lead from.thanks for the help IF ANY please email me alexyvettea@yahoo.com. I've tried ancestry.com, zabasearch adn everythign else! I've called numbers, like 30 of them and nothign! ...thanks to the privacy act, it is nearly impossible to search the most likely source that would contain the good information.........If anybody search these records and find where she is living, i will have no problem pitching in some money as for the help is greatly appreciated, that is if it's valuable

Read more: Looking for birth parents, Omaha NE
[/LEFT]

Last edited by linicx; 09-17-2010 at 10:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 PM

39,362 posts, read 47,340,374 times
Here's a start. You may find a relationship with this site and list.

People Search & Directory Services Powered By Intelius

Is the name spelling correct or another variation of the name ever used. I find nothing in Omaha NB listed for her. The above list covers Brunsfelds across the USA.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 AM

8,794 posts, read 13,546,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexyvettea View Post
I believe it's most difficult because she was remarried and no longer has this maiden last name, not to mention the records of her probably got destroyed during ww2 is my only guess when i checked ancestry.com, their was nothing that we could get a lead from.
Just because Ancestry.com doesn't have a record doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ancestry.com does not have every single record out there. If you think she remarried and has a different name, you'll need to find a marriage record to find her new name and if you couldn't find this on Ancestry.com, you'll probably have to search off-line.

Quote:
i will have no problem pitching in some money as for the help is greatly appreciated, that is if it's valuable
Maybe you should consider hiring a private investigator?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:01 AM

39,362 posts, read 47,340,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Just because Ancestry.com doesn't have a record doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ancestry.com does not have every single record out there. If you think she remarried and has a different name, you'll need to find a marriage record to find her new name and if you couldn't find this on Ancestry.com, you'll probably have to search off-line.
This statement is exactly right.

Too many people believe Ancestry is their best source of information. They're good but do have a lot of mis-information and they won't correct it, even when you show them proof.

One thing you need to be aware of is that there are a lot of names spelled with variations of the last name and you have to cross refernce all of them to get a match. A lot of names are mis-spelled because of illiteracy, misinterpretation by others and phonetic spelling. Some signatures are spelled correct but the way they are scribbled it could be difficult to interpret too.

Sometimes it takes years of digging and with luck surprises happen. I searched one relative for over 10 years, then poof out of nowhere a distant relative popped up out of the woodwork and sent me the information I was looking for.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 AM

11,879 posts, read 20,275,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexyvettea View Post
hi, i'm looking for my grandma, my mother's bioglogical mother. Her name is ilse Wilhelmine Brunsfeld(maiden last name) from germany and once married to edmund eberhard scholz also from germany. She is somewheres near omaha, nebraska i believe! She is 86 years old and i've searched extensively and nothing. My uncle's ex wife found her once through the mental institution records because she had a nervous breakdown and than my grandpa took the kids away(my mother...etc), so if their is anybody who can check these records for me so i can find where she is living, i will greatly appreciate it. I believe it's most difficult because she was remarried and no longer has this maiden last name, not to mention the records of her probably got destroyed during ww2 is my only guess when i checked ancestry.com, their was nothing that we could get a lead from.thanks for the help IF ANY please email me alexyvettea@yahoo.com. I've tried ancestry.com, zabasearch adn everythign else! I've called numbers, like 30 of them and nothign! ...thanks to the privacy act, it is nearly impossible to search the most likely source that would contain the good information.........If anybody search these records and find where she is living, i will have no problem pitching in some money as for the help is greatly appreciated, that is if it's valuable

Read more: Looking for birth parents, Omaha NE

If you want to find her, best bet it to find siblings. Preferably MALE siblings.

Go to the 1930 Census at Ancestry and look her up there. In 1930 she was 6, so you can luck out and find her -- her father and mother, and maybe a brother. Then look for Brother in the directories.... and call him.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 AM

ya i actually found my mother's half sister by searching for my grandma lol. The lady i found, my aunt, searched for twenty years and than i found her and my mother didn't even know she existed because it was more of a fling and my grandpa traveled alot so when i seen this add, it caught my attention and what do you know, i don't think my grandpa knew either. It probably is my mothers sister. Me and my sister have been finding everybody but what we are looking for, even the relatives in germany we found from shifting directions. Now, we are having to rely on this box of stuff my uncle has, so maybe their is something valuable in their..... And i don't think i'll be able to find her through the siblings. Her sibling where left in germany during the hitler times, and as far as i know, they were put in concentration camps or something in that nature which is why she got the out of their.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:18 AM

thanks yall !

Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Just to let yall know, me and my family found her :/.....

Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,936,900 times
Great news.Thanks for the update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search