Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 10:20 AM

14 posts, read 19,686 times

Advertisements

Hello there,
a good friend of mine is searching for his birthfather. He doesn´t speak or write english and that´s why I will help him. Here is the search. If anyone have an idea, let me know please.

Hello to all. I´m Lothar. I´m born August 15th 1947.
My mothers name is Lotte Kraus. In 1946 she went for working to Schwaebisch Gmuend/Germany. Here she had an affair with my biological father. She is unsure about his firstname, sounds like Waidi, Wally, Whitey, Wallace, Walter. Also possible his initials are V. D. His lastname for sure is Grimes.
He served for the US-Army. In Schwaebisch Gmuend he was stationed either in the Hardt-Kasern or Bismarck-Kasern.
My mother went back to her hometown. Here she recognized she was pregnant. Her family sent her back to Schwaebisch Gmuend for searching my father. She did not found him anymore. He was three years older than my mother, must be born in 1925 and he was white. He must be around 85 (!) now. His approximate age when he was with my mother was 22. I wished to know if he still alive or if I have some other relatives in the US. No financial interests! Thanks for any help. Lothar F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM

38 posts, read 58,205 times
This might be him... I searched a "W Grimes" nationwide, this is the only match I could find in that age bracket...
Walter Frank Grimes

Phone: 334-298-2514
Address:
3 Grove Rd
Phenix City, AL 36869

1 Relative linked to his profile...
Corine M Grimes

Same address & phone for this person

Good Luck to you

Old 09-17-2010, 09:00 AM

14 posts, read 19,686 times
Hello antkeddie,

tx for your help. Unfortunately I find out this is not the right person. A american friend of mine talked with his oldest daughter. She said that her Father was never in the Army in Germany. He was in the Navy over in the Pacific Ocean during that time period.

rgds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search