U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 15,874 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
My name is Jermaine and I'm looking for my Dad.
I was born in New Jersey in '87 and now live in Germany.
My Dad's name is Carollo Howell (Carrollo, Carollo or Carrolo) and I think he lives in New York right now.

I have tried various search engines, but like you all know you have to pay a fee. However the free preview showed me that his SSN is active and that he resides in NY (Various Engines gave me this result). They claim to have the adress, but like I said only if the fee is being payed.

Id like to ask for help. If someone knows him, or could know someone being related to him in any way, please let me know.
Every bit of help is appreciated, thanks in advantage :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 12,180,656 times
I received your PM and wouldn't be able to do any better than you already have. A cursory search resulted in over 100 such names. What would his age be? What about your mother - does she have any information?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:27 PM

hey thanks alot for trying to help so far

he should be around 42-46 years by now, i dont know the birthday, sadly.
like i said i have his ssn but its too bad that you gotta pay.

however i found this, do you guys think this might help ?:

Answer

Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM

5,981 posts, read 16,325,824 times
I can't help you much, but I wasn't aware of this service that the SSA provides. However, I think the paragraph having to do with what they will and won't forward is probably the most relevant to your particular case - like, does your dad know you exist? I don't mean that rudely, only to say if he doesn't, that may qualify - if he does and has chosen to remain out of your life, that may be another thing entirely. I would also imagine that you have to exhaust every other avenue possible - the SSA isn't really a people location service.
----------------
We can attempt to forward a letter to a missing person under circumstances involving a matter of great importance, such as a death or serious illness in the missing person's immediate family, or a sizeable amount of money that is due the missing person. Also, the circumstances must concern a matter about which the missing person is unaware and would undoubtedly want to be informed.
-----------------

If your mom has any info, that could help - you don't say if this is an adoption or what - if it was, you might try listing with some of the national adoption registries. Good luck to you.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I can't help you much, but I wasn't aware of this service that the SSA provides. However, I think the paragraph having to do with what they will and won't forward is probably the most relevant to your particular case - like, does your dad know you exist? I don't mean that rudely, only to say if he doesn't, that may qualify - if he does and has chosen to remain out of your life, that may be another thing entirely. I would also imagine that you have to exhaust every other avenue possible - the SSA isn't really a people location service.
----------------
We can attempt to forward a letter to a missing person under circumstances involving a matter of great importance, such as a death or serious illness in the missing person's immediate family, or a sizeable amount of money that is due the missing person. Also, the circumstances must concern a matter about which the missing person is unaware and would undoubtedly want to be informed.
-----------------

If your mom has any info, that could help - you don't say if this is an adoption or what - if it was, you might try listing with some of the national adoption registries. Good luck to you.

Hey no I dont take it as an Insult at all, I can really need any Help possible.
Well I called the SSA today, and I explained the lady my situation and she didnt really say anything, only that its even free and stuff.

About my dad, no it wasnt an adoption. My mom and dad broke up their relationsip, but he definitly wanted to keep contact, he had a letter and stuff ready for me when I get older but my grandmother lost it. We also lost the adress and had to move to germany so he didint have ours too and so we both are missing in our eyes. My mom is also confident that he is just waiting for me to find him. Since he has absolutely nothing about me ( I dont even think he knows my name).

Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 PM

So I found my sister on MySpace and stuff Im so happy I didnt get in contact with my dad yet (My sister dosnt have that much contact with him) but I sent him a letter today thanks so much guys, especially LakeLilly

Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 AM

740 posts, read 1,840,578 times
have you tried anywho.com or the white pages in NY? (You might just start calling everyone on the list) Also.... the web site Intelius People Search - Public Records, Background Checks & More. - Intelius.com, is very good. I think they only charge like $9.99 for one search or you could search for an entire day for I think $29.99, print off your findings and go from there. If you know his birthdate that helps on this search. I hope that I was some help... Good luck!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Like I said I found him, but thanks alot still!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Found

succefully found FINALLY and working on a great relationship, wich already started out great everyones happy. thanks to all of you for trying to help (especially lakelilly who actually was the key to all of this, thanks)

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM

succefully found FINALLY and working on a great relationship, wich already started out great everyones happy. thanks to all of you for trying to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search