Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

101 posts, read 195,337 times

Advertisements

I am her youngest daughter, Jeanette. Her birth date was 5/27/39 and she died November 1972 when I was 4. Her husband/my father was Anthony Deoniso DOB 10/19/39.
I am looking for her twin daughters, (my half-sisters) Mary and Vicky whom I have not seen since she died. I don't know what their last name was... We lived in Brooklyn NY then. After our Mom died, I was put in a children's home and I never saw them again. My father would tell me nothing about them... because I think he didn't want me to find them. He died and whatever knowledge he had went with him.

I'd like to find other relatives on her side also. I don't know names or birthdates.. but I think my sisters were at least 9-10 years older than me? I am 42.

I have been looking for them as much as I can for the last 20 years.
I don't know any information about any other family members on my Mothers side, but I would love to find as many of them as possible!

Please help me find them... they are the only family I have left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,987 times
Hi. There sure are a lot of people in the NY area with that last name. Why don't you go on zabasearch.com or some other address site to get a mass mailing together and send out a letter asking if anyone knows of your mom and the twins. It might be the easiest way to find them or some relatives. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:09 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,522 times
Was she born in NY? As her daughter, you can order her birth certificate. It would list her parents names and where she was born. Then, perhaps you can start making some connections with her relatives. Just a thought! The information is also listed on her death certificate which you are also entitled to.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:15 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,987 times
Good advice, Travelingal2.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 PM

101 posts, read 195,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal2 View Post
Was she born in NY? As her daughter, you can order her birth certificate. It would list her parents names and where she was born. Then, perhaps you can start making some connections with her relatives. Just a thought! The information is also listed on her death certificate which you are also entitled to.
Thanks, I'm not 100% sure she was born in NY, but I know she died there. I will try that, can I ask you how I go about doing that?

Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
Go here: Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records - New York State Department of Health and follow the links to download the application forms for the records. Unless you have reason to get certified copies for your records, check to see if they have uncertified or genealogical copies because they may be cheaper.

Her Social Security card was issued in New York, so there's a good chance that's the only state she ever lived in. I recommend you apply for all records - birth, first marriage, divorce, second marriage and death - in NY and see how much they have, and what clues the records hold. And if there's no marriage besides the one to your father then there's a possibility the twins had the Stranieri surname. Report back to us your findings and we'll go from there.

While they won't give you the twins' birth certificates, they might have a birth index available where you could get their surnames and birthdates by doing a search on your mother's maiden name. You could call and ask if an index is available. You might not be able to get her first marriage and divorce record without knowing the husband's name or if he's living, but there is a possibility that the information of the first marriage/divorce will be on the second marriage record. (states vary in how they keep records so I can only give you generalities on these matters)

The SS death record is the only record I've found on her, as NY does not make the records above available to the general public. I did not find an obit for her, but there is another searcher here who has access to other obit archives and she may find one. If there was a funeral, perhaps you know of the church? That would be another place to check. From the surname I would guess she may have been Catholic. The church would have a record of her baptism and possibly confirmation on file. They may have yours and the twins' records, too. Besides listing the parents, they would list the godparents and confirmation sponsors - which are often relatives. You could also check with the children's home where you were placed. They may have record of your siblings in your file.

Last edited by hcgCali; 10-23-2010 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search