Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 AM

6 posts, read 7,712 times

Advertisements

Hi, everybody
I am a french citizen and I'm looking for somebody named Gilbert Bahl and his mother Mrs Bahl (I forgot her first name).
I came to the States in july 1963 for a stay of two months and I met them as Mrs Bahl had a small restaurant in Catasauqua. I became a friend of this family.
In 1972 I came once more to the States for a professional trip and I was received by Gilbert Bahl and his mother in their house during only two days.
Since that time, I had no contact with them and I forgot the adresses of the two houses of MrsBahl and Gilbert Bahl.

I would like now to get news from these persons if they are still alive.
I tried to use the Web and I found these to addresses : Mr Gilbert Bahl, 1346 Shimerville Road, Emmaus and Mrs Nancy Bahl, 4201 Chesnut Street Emmaus. But the letters I sent came back with the note "Return to sender-Not deliverable as addressed-Unable to forward".

That's the reason I use this forum to try to get information allowing to go forward in my research.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Mr Claude BERTRAND

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-26-2011 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Please use DM feature for contacting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Do you remember the name of her restaurant? You might be able to trace them through that.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Do you remember the name of her restaurant? You might be able to trace them through that.
Unfortunately not. It was a small restaurant in Catasauqua with a bar and 4 or 5 five tables. The only thing I remember that it was in a street where there was a bank on the other side.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,128 times
Gilbert F Bahl (age 72)

Places lived: Catasauqua PA, Emmaus PA, Aiken SC

His mother Emma Bahl was the proprietor of Frank's Restaurant in Catasauqua PA for 16 yrs. She passed away in 2002.

try...

Gilbert F Bahl
323 Laurens St, Aiken SC 29801
803-644-8994

Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Gilbert F Bahl (age 72)

Places lived: Catasauqua PA, Emmaus PA, Aiken SC

His mother Emma Bahl was the proprietor of Frank's Restaurant in Catasauqua PA for 16 yrs. She passed away in 2002.

try...

Gilbert F Bahl
323 Laurens St, Aiken SC 29801
803-644-8994
Thank you for your reply.
I think that Emma Bahl you speak about is the right person. I was not able to remember the name of the restaurant (it was more than 45 years ago) but the name of Franck's remains me something in my mind.

As you seem to know this family, maybe you can answer these questions :
- I found on the web that somebody named Gilbert Bahl was a expert in music boxes and he wrote a well-known book on this subject. Do you think this man was Emma's son.
- On the web too, I found an article from the "Morning Call" of Allentown reporting that this man passed away in August 2006 in Aiken (SC). Is he the same person too? (Gilbert F. Bahl - Morning Call)
-And the last question : do you know the adress of the restaurant and does this restaurant still exist ? (to have a look on Google Earth or Google Street View).

Thank you in advance for you reply. I'm sure your information can help me a lot.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 AM

I do not know these people - the information is just from web searching.

You're correct, Gilbert did pass away in 2006. The obituary indicated that he had written a book about music boxes. His obituary...
Gilbert F. Bahl - Morning Call

Emma's obituary...
Articles about Associate S Degree - Page 3 - Morning Call

Old 02-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I do not know these people - the information is just from web searching.

You're correct, Gilbert did pass away in 2006. The obituary indicated that he had written a book about music boxes. His obituary...
Gilbert F. Bahl - Morning Call

Emma's obituary...
Articles about Associate S Degree - Page 3 - Morning Call
Thank you so much for your help.
I did hope you were a relative or a friend of the Bahl family.

Anyway, with my web searching and yours, it unfortunately appears that Emma Bahl and her son Gilbert had passed away. The only way now to get in touch with the family seems to be the widow of Gilbert. Maybe she still lives in Aiken, SC.

I made my research too late. But France and USA are so far away, and it's when you advance in age (I'm 69) that you remember your youth and want to get in touch again with the people you met at this time.

Thanks a lot once more.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 AM

I'm so sorry to tell you that Gilbert's widow Nancy passed away July 30, 2010. It appears that she had moved back to Emmaus PA.

Gilbert had a sister, but I'm unable to determine current contact information. Perhaps you could send a letter to their daughter Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Riccaboni
1346 Shimerville Rd, Emmaus PA 18049

Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'm so sorry to tell you that Gilbert's widow Nancy passed away July 30, 2010. It appears that she had moved back to Emmaus PA.

Gilbert had a sister, but I'm unable to determine current contact information. Perhaps you could send a letter to their daughter Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Riccaboni
1346 Shimerville Rd, Emmaus PA 18049
Thanks for the information.
I already sent a letter to this adress but to the name of Gilbert Bahl. The letter came back with the notice "Return to sender".
Maybe, with the name of Elizabeth Riccaboni i'll have one more chance.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,049 times
Default Gilbert Bahl

Hello, I am Gilberts daughter, and Emmas Grandaughter. They remembered you fondly, I had heard the story of you visiting. I am very sorry to say both of them and my Mom passed away in the last few years. It is very nice that you thought of them.. they would have been thrilled!! Take care and God Bless Elizabeth

p.s. the restaurant was called Franks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search